Eurodam to Alaska : We came , we saw , we photographed .

This was only our 3rd cruise on HAL and our first trip to Alaska and it was a spur of the moment decision . We had said goodbye to the Eurodam as it left our closest cruise port in Ft. Lauderdale headed to Alaska .

IMG_4801_zpsiflfcwwx.jpg

When I saw a good price on it's first cruise there , and after finding another good price on airfare , I pitched the idea to my DW after she woke up . We were soon on our early morning flight from PBI to Atlanta and relaxation mode had set in with our fellow first class passengers .

DSC00292_zpsmsn2dy0u.jpg

Before changing planes in Atlanta we noticed that the Corncorde was there also .

DSC00296_zpshhjbzkoq.jpg

Our 767 had an interesting seating arrangement

DSC0030220Stitch-001_zpsnns6jrvy.jpg

The inclement weather served as a transition to our anticipation of the famous Seattle rain .

DSC00304_zpseu3dbcom.jpg

And our lunch prepared us for a week's worth of grazing and gorging

DSC00309_zps3zi8hs4c.jpg

Gotta say - the photo of the "classy" lady with her bare feet on the wall in First... one of my pet peeves on planes - feet, shod or otherwise, so NOT belong on the wall!!!

Bloody Marys at 0530 have that effect on some people but I kept the photo PG by not showing the band aid on her big toe - yuck !

Wonderful start....so looking forward to your take on "Alaska" through pictures.....we are very excited about our own in less than 4 weeks!!!

Hello Gracie welcome to HAL and we're excited for you and Mister J's cruise . But you know how long these things go sometimes and so if you have any questions , fire away ! :) :D

Princess cake? I thought this was a HAL Eurodam review.

Yes it is .

Mic and I met on a Princess Roll call and since he's now officially old , I thought that an old

Princess birthday cake was the most appropriate belated gift that I could offer him .

Edited by scubacruiserx2

Love the photo's. The shot of the ship in Juneau from the cable car is great. We will be there the first week in Jul on the NA. Keep them coming.

Allan

We met the SpeediShuttle at the airport for a ride to our hotel the Pan Pacific . They were playing a video in the shuttle and it was nice to see my home town of Miami included in the video ( on the gun ) .

DSC00355-001_zpsdwkpllge.jpg

You can see the full video , Welcome to Seattle at this link :

We upgraded our room for $ 20 a night and had a great view of :

Downtown

DSC00363_zpscx4sikmg.jpg

The Space Needle

DSC00403_zpstizb9on1.jpg

and the bath room . :) :D

DSC00365_zpshpnstuzz.jpg