Eurodam to Alaska : We came , we saw , we photographed .

I would love to see that Chihuly glass exhibit. We saw some of his work in Vegas, but nothing like what's in your pictures! That was spectacular!

Your suite looks wonderfully spacious! Hope you won't feel too cramped on Koningsdam! I have noticed the TV's behind the sofas in the Koningsdam pictures, too, and have wondered who thought that was a good idea. Either that, or the TV is directly actoss from the bed without much chance to watch it in the living area. I hope that is my biggest complaint about HAL because while the TV placement doesn't seem very well thought out to me, it is just a very small blip in the overall picture. And no, I'm not trying to make a "picture" pun here!

After a leisurely lunch we returned to our stateroom to further gather our marbles before sailing .

DSC00598_zpsdvtaufhq.jpg

DSC00597-001_zps4mo3k9ia.jpg

DSC00599-001_zpsjyxjotou.jpg

DSC00600_zps5azjubpl.jpg

We decided to save the bubbly for a rainy day .

DSC00577-001_zpsgynm5cl9.jpg

The suite had a his and her's closet and 'rock star' robes . We named them that because when you opened the door , spotlights shined on them .

DSC00595_zpsmhorzqua.jpg

I would love to see that Chihuly glass exhibit. We saw some of his work in Vegas, but nothing like what's in your pictures! That was spectacular!

Your suite looks wonderfully spacious! Hope you won't feel too cramped on Koningsdam! I have noticed the TV's behind the sofas in the Koningsdam pictures, too, and have wondered who thought that was a good idea. Either that, or the TV is directly actoss from the bed without much chance to watch it in the living area. I hope that is my biggest complaint about HAL because while the TV placement doesn't seem very well thought out to me, it is just a very small blip in the overall picture. And no, I'm not trying to make a "picture" pun here!

Sorry to skip over Nancy but I had some photobucket issues and I wanted to try to get a post while it was still working .

We loved the suite but missed our aft view . The TV faced the bed and the green chairs but we really didn't watch it too much . The balcony was really nice and we did eat a couple of meals outside when the weather was nice . Our guide in Ketchikan was a diver and showed us where they dive , but what can we say , we're spoiled with warm water diving ! :cool:

I have noticed the TV's behind the sofas in the Koningsdam pictures, too, and have wondered who thought that was a good idea.

Agreed. It's a good candidate for the dumbest idea HAL ever came up with.

HAL is even placing the TV over the couch in the smaller cabins, on the renovated ships. Unless they start providing a large hand-held mirror (and we don't try to read captioning on the screen) there is no way to watch TV comfortably any longer.

It's been almost 4 years since we were last on HAL and so we forgot how the muster drill works .

At 3:15 the ear piercing sirens are sounded and the Eloi migrate like lemmings to their assigned positions where they are crowded into the wall by the late arriving ones who saunter to the rail positions 20 minutes or more later .

DSC00605_zpsvj2kbnqh.jpg

The Alpha Eloi don't even attend or stroll onto the ship during the drill .

DSC00606_zpsre7wyvtq.jpg

Lesson learned , and with the Alphas on board we could now cast off and say goodbye to Seattle and the port

IMG_3943_zpspth0tkpd.jpg

IMG_3970_zpsii22rxex.jpg

and head out to sea with the comfort of our uncrowded balcony . Hooray we're under way !

IMG_3979_zpsewjq3v5q.jpg

DSC00646_zpsqvgjkjbm.jpg

The cabin looks great but you know what I am going to ask.

how was the bathroom layout?

The TP seems to be positioned a little awkwardly and may get wet, under the bench may have been better.

That is certainly a good suggestion . Also the storage under the sink is not as well organized as the Celebrity S Class . I saw old photos , pre dry dock I believe , that slowed glass or plexiglass shower and tub enclosures . They are now , sigh , curtains . Well spotted as always Mic ! Thanks . :) :D

We changed our dinner on the first evening to Tamarind in hopes of avoiding a crowded noisy dinner in the MDR . And since it's dinner time here I'll leave you the menu and share our dinner and photos the next time . Enjoy ! :) :D

Holland-America-Tamarind-menu_zpskrigo2ka.jpg

Holland-America-Tamarind-menu1_zps8j6oa82h.jpg

Holland-America-Tamarind-menu3_zpsogbcfswb.jpg

Holland-America-Tamarind-menu4_zpseicwzo0o.jpg

The menu looks fantastic! A lot of goodies that I would love! Does the other MDR have the same menu or is it a different selection??

Your suite looks really nice...is this a recent remodel??

The menu looks fantastic! A lot of goodies that I would love! Does the other MDR have the same menu or is it a different selection??

Your suite looks really nice...is this a recent remodel??

The Tamarind menu stayed the same and the MDR menu changed daily and a small version was delivered to the suites during the day . Here's the one for the Gala on night # 2 .

DSC00860_zps2t30phkp.jpg

DSC00861_zps9uzmbcvj.jpg

DSC00862_zpsrsxgw5rn.jpg

The suite remodel was in December of 2015 .

Was the tamarind menu a picture or off the website? The reason I ask, is that it looks like the menu from a few years ago and is missing some of the new items we enjoyed recently - such as lobster and duck. I'm hoping they didn't go back to the old menu. Your review is great.

Tamarind menu looks great!

We are considering eating here on our cruise but the menu is a bit confusing with all the subheadings. Are you allowed more than one appetizer/soup and one entrée and dessert?

Was the tamarind menu a picture or off the website? The reason I ask, is that it looks like the menu from a few years ago and is missing some of the new items we enjoyed recently - such as lobster and duck. I'm hoping they didn't go back to the old menu. Your review is great.

That was an old one that I found online . I didn't photograph the menu but I did take some of the menu on the TV outside of the Tamarind . I was't happy with the images though wanting something more legible .

IMG_4193-001_zpsqov5kyou.jpg

Tamarind menu looks great!

We are considering eating here on our cruise but the menu is a bit confusing with all the subheadings. Are you allowed more than one appetizer/soup and one entrée and dessert?

Yes you are , but we over ordered the first time . Those pictures are come up next .

Just ate there on Eurodam last Thursday and was disappointed that the potstickers weren't on the menu..I guess I had looked at the old menu as well.

I asked for them but the server seemed confused so I guess they haven't had them in a while.

:)

That was an old one that I found online . I didn't photograph the menu but I did take some of the menu on the TV outside of the Tamarind . I was't happy with the images though wanting something more legible .

IMG_4193-001_zpsqov5kyou.jpg

Wonderful. I'm glad they still have the new items

Just ate there on Eurodam last Thursday and was disappointed that the potstickers weren't on the menu..I guess I had looked at the old menu as well.

I asked for them but the server seemed confused so I guess they haven't had them in a while.

So sorry that they didn't have what you wanted . The nice thing about our first visit was that everything was new to us . We did go back a second time and I tried different things except the curry which I had both times . I would have been disappointed if they didn't have the curry the second time , but they did .