Eurodam to Alaska : We came , we saw , we photographed .

Ha! Pretty sure that the common belief that he originated the phrase, "OMG r u srius" is just a rumor. The art looks lovely. Do they provide any kind of a guide or tour to the artwork on board?

I'm not sure about that rumor or a tour . Most of the reproductions were on the stairway landings between decks .

I did see The Nightwatch

The_Nightwatch_by_Rembrandt201_zpszdf3bsig.jpg

and Saskia as Flora

Saskia20as20Flora_zpsmggu9at8.jpg

We saw a number of originals in the Hermitage including Flora and The Return of the Prodigal Son , which was one of later and most famous ones .

the20prodical20son_zpssjrhouym.jpg

If you walk all 3 of the stairways and around the decks near the elevators you will probably see almost all of them . In hindsight I wish that I would have done that .

Oooo I see that the yogurt parfaits were part of the spread in the Neptune Lounge too.

I enjoyed one of those every morning from the lowly Lido;p along with a very healthy...ahem, sticky bun!

All about balance! ;)

That's probably where they came from so yours were probably fresher ! :)

The lounge had a convenience factor and was probably less crowded but later in the cruise we just carried them back to the room .

I can't wait for me next one (& we stay in closets by comparison) and could easily plan another one after that!

Believe the people that say Alaska is addictive!

We did get to remove one of the "A's " from our list leaving Australia and Antarctica . :) :D

Breakfast at the Pinnacle

IMG_414620Stitch-001_zpsecv0syhq.jpg

IMG_4156-001_zps3nivesdi.jpg

We had heard a rumor on C.C. and so we had a unanswered question

2nd%20breakfast_zpsugpxih9r.jpg

We dutifully departed our hobbit hovel on a quest to resolve said question only to find out

DSC00759_zpsryuet8qz.jpg

that it was true , they did allow our kind here !

DSC00751_zps2h9x3llm.jpg

Crab and asparagus Eggs Benedict

DSC00762_zpsfgcvnv1r.jpg

Thanks Britt !

We did get to remove one of the "A's " from our list leaving Australia and Antarctica . :) :D

Make sure you give me plenty of notice when you come downunder. Just so I can get the country prepared for your arrival.

We like to try the specialty dining on our days at sea and so we went back to try the Pinnacle for lunch . I think that the plate on the table is designed to hypnotize you into being hungry because it sure worked on me .

DSC00819_zpsryvmnklh.jpg

Usually when my dinner bell rings , I begin salivating , and so Pat sometimes reads the menu so that I don't drool on them . But she did let me photograph them . Ah the life of a Service Animal .

DSC00821_zpscuh0o1xi.jpg

DSC00824_zpsupnu2ybs.jpg

We saw one of our special occasion wines at a reasonable price and so we had a glass at lunch and left the bottle for future use .

DSC00826_zps8lkfxzzh.jpg

My spicy lemongrass chicken had extra heat on the spoon to add or not . I did and loved it .

DSC00832_zps55poi6oz.jpg

And Pat's crab cakes

DSC00829_zpswndmds2q.jpg

Another winner . All this food is making me hungry , time for a break and some kibbles and bits !

We went to the C.C. M & G which Pat had found on FB and posted on our C.C. Roll Call , just before our departure to board the ship . We went and I took photos of everybody who showed up !

DSC00806_zpsjkr5zw8h.jpg

DSC00809_zpsslluebtb.jpg

DSC00812_zpscbbdaqxz.jpg

Hahaha, I love this:D A Cruise Critic still-life masterpiece, and so true to life:D I am thoroughly enjoying viewing the world through your lens(y)

We went to the C.C. M & G which Pat had found on FB and posted on our C.C. Roll Call , just before our departure to board the ship . We went and I took photos of everybody who showed up !

DSC00806_zpsjkr5zw8h.jpg

DSC00809_zpsslluebtb.jpg

DSC00812_zpscbbdaqxz.jpg

Oh no! 😳

The rest of lunch

Our server saw us taking pictures of our food and offered to take one of us and he had a good eye for composition

DSC00830-001_zpsqsrkmk4j.jpg

My Black Cod sandwich

DSC00841_zpsugwf790n.jpg

And Pat's Mushroom Ravioli , were both very good .

DSC00839_zpsblodqzdm.jpg

But Pat was't impressed with the Pavlova which looked very good

DSC00845_zpswt9rnkoe.jpg

But we both pushed the popcorn away and split the yummy brownie and coffee gelato .

DSC00844_zps47rctlle.jpg

Hahaha, I love this:D A Cruise Critic still-life masterpiece, and so true to life:D I am thoroughly enjoying viewing the world through your lens(y)

Oh no! 😳

Thanks ladies of C.C. for showing up !

We did meet some nice people who shared the tea and goodies but none from C.C. We are really grateful that HAL provided these and we hope that it will be better attended on other cruises by C.C. members .

I find that the shorter cruises the M&G is not well attended. Our cruise over New Years we had over 40 people on the roll call & only about a dozen showed up.

Allan

Your lunch looks wonderful!! What was the price for Pinnacle at lunch? Also did you find the price for bottles of wine better than your experience on Eclipse a few months ago?

Your pictures sure are getting me more excited for our trip in 2 1/2 weeks.....:D

I suspect our CC group will be the same....after 15 months there are only 4-5 people on the roll call...oh well!!

Your lunch looks wonderful!! What was the price for Pinnacle at lunch? Also did you find the price for bottles of wine better than your experience on Eclipse a few months ago?

Your pictures sure are getting me more excited for our trip in 2 1/2 weeks.....:D

I suspect our CC group will be the same....after 15 months there are only 4-5 people on the roll call...oh well!!

We enjoyed it and it $10 p.p.

The Jordan was a splurge at just a little over market price but we had to pay 15% gratuity additionally .

We brought 4 bottles of wine and paid the corkage fee on 2 for total cost of $130 .

1 bottle of the same wine on HAL was $82.80 with gratuity .

1 bottle of the same wine on Celebrity was $ 107 with gratuity.

I love these so much! We sail on the Eurodam out of Seattle on 05/27 and we are in a Neptune. My stomach is in knots because our flight lands at noon and we have to be on board by 3. Thanks for all the pictures and info!

Wow , that is cutting it pretty close . :eek:

We saw people boarding almost at sail away carrying their own luggage . Can you get HAL to transport you ? Or have the ship's number to phone them after you land just in case .

That's one thing I noticed - very little chatter on our Roll Call. Not sure if it's a HAL or Alaska thing or what. Certainly not used it

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We had the same thing on our Roll Call but it picked up just before the cruise when the prices went down and people like us moved in . When the ships are here in Port Everglades they offer low prices just before sailing or in hurricane season . Most of the late cabin fillers are locals , as we have done in the past . The Roll Calls on HAL do seem to be less active generally , and smaller ships have smaller Roll Calls also .

I love these so much! We sail on the Eurodam out of Seattle on 05/27 and we are in a Neptune. My stomach is in knots because our flight lands at noon and we have to be on board by 3. Thanks for all the pictures and info!

Sorry to barge in on Scubacruiser's thread, but that is indeed cutting it close, especially as you are flying cross country. Did you book your flight(s) through HAL or independently? Here's a quote from HAL's website with contact information if you think you're running late:

What If My Flight Is Delayed?

From time to time, guests encounter transportation delays in getting to their cruise ship. If it is your day of sailing and this happens to you, please follow these guidelines:

First, advise your airline at the earliest opportunity that you are a cruise guest destined for a sailing that day. Working directly with the carrier is important as the airlines are usually able to arrange alternative flights.

If you believe a delay will cause you to arrive in the port of embarkation less than two hours before the ship's scheduled departure or if you are concerned for any reason that the ship may leave before you arrive, our representatives may be able to advise you of arrangements to minimize disruptions in your vacation plans.

Ask the airline to immediately advise our Air/Sea Department, or call us yourself at 1-800-628-4771 or 1-206-286-3294. Air/Sea representatives are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week and 365 days a year. These numbers are provided for emergency use only; please do not call unless it is your day of departure and you are experiencing a delay. All other questions and concerns regarding air arrangements should be directed to your travel professional. For further information on our relationship with airlines, please refer to your Cruise Contract.

If you have purchased air transportation independently from Holland America, you will be responsible for any and all expenses incurred when joining the vessel in progress.