Eurodam to Alaska : We came , we saw , we photographed .

My bi & tri-focals are not reading the attachments...

Are there "Mexican" options? My last cruise was with a different brand & I enjoyed their "Cantina." (The members of my family are not fans of that cuisine, so I tend to eat my fill on cruises.)

We didn't eat at the buffet very often but I do believe they offer some Mexican and Indian for spicy as well as the Tamarind which I think that you can order as room service also ( with a charge ) .

The next day in Glacier Bay I had a Tex - Mex style lunch on the balcony from room service . And I had brought my on bottle of hot sauce - with no corking charge !

Quesadilla

DSC01293_zps4icxqd3i.jpg

And 3 bean Chili

DSC01294_zpsgch6bvco.jpg

After the helicopter ride we got off in downtown Juneau for the Mount Roberts Tram . Here's the video clip of the Eagle landing .

All aboard !

IMG_4449_zpsndjbl6vw.jpg

The video of us ascending :

https://www.youtube.com/edit?o=U&video_id=b2ITrK-W1Vo

The view at the top is amazing !

IMG_4462_zpssqci4mvt.jpg

The Eurodam

IMG_4407_zps44rlct45.jpg

Video clip of the Eurodam :

The Eurodam close up

IMG_4479_zpsltmkafbk.jpg

The Eurodam and the Nieuw Amsterdam

IMG_4473_zpscgowzawy.jpg

We didn't eat at the buffet very often but I do believe they offer some Mexican and Indian for spicy as well as the Tamarind which I think that you can order as room service also ( with a charge ) .

The next day in Glacier Bay I had a Tex - Mex style lunch on the balcony from room service . And I had brought my on bottle of hot sauce - with no corking charge !

Quesadilla

DSC01293_zps4icxqd3i.jpg

And 3 bean Chili

DSC01294_zpsgch6bvco.jpg

Thanks! I learned to bring my own hot sauce too. (I'm so hoping to be able to have huevos rancheros for breakfast.)

I've read that on the helicopter ride they provide you with boots for the glacier.....I assume that's all they provide...am I right? Will have to make room for heavier coat and gloves I think!!

Yeah , you keep your shoes or boots on and slip them into an outer boot . It wasn't as icy or slick on the glacier as I thought it would be and we got a little snow while there .

We needed warm clothes on the glacier , on top of Mount Robert , and in the Glacier Park , especially the forward section of the ship while sailing toward the glacier ! :cool:

IMG_4627_zpsy2efqxdh.jpg

When ascending or descending look for eagles in the tree tops

IMG_4487_zpsygd2gkxf.jpg

IMG_4489_zps1imilzu2.jpg

And though they were hard photograph through the wet , tinted plexiglass , it sure was neat to see them !

IMG_4495_zpsey2n3h42.jpg

We had 1 last thing that we wanted to do in rainy Juneau

IMG_4505_zpszzxkxozf.jpg

Besides taking a close up of the Nieuw Amsterdam

IMG_4506_zpsdolgl5ln.jpg

And that was to have something for dinner at the famous Tracy's Crab Shack .

IMG_4499_zpstj263bn6.jpg

It was closed .

Thanks for the tip on eagle viewing from the tram.

I hope that we have nice enough weather (whatever that means) when we are in Juneau to ride on the Tram. I think that my 8.5 year old will love it & we can hike up at the top.

Thanks for the tip on eagle viewing from the tram.

I hope that we have nice enough weather (whatever that means) when we are in Juneau to ride on the Tram. I think that my 8.5 year old will love it & we can hike up at the top.

We didn't hike because there were a number of warning signs about the mud and snow that was still there .

IMG_4442_zpshjrtocgu.jpg

The best viewing point of the ships was a couple of windows near the boarding site for the tram .

f569716d-dca0-4199-b5be-32389552df41_zps9nwp0tfk.jpg

My bi & tri-focals are not reading the attachments...

Are there "Mexican" options? My last cruise was with a different brand & I enjoyed their "Cantina." (The members of my family are not fans of that cuisine, so I tend to eat my fill on cruises.)

If the Eurodam is like the smaller HAL ships, there is an excellent Mexican buffet every day outside on the Lido deck just across from the Dive In burger/hot dog bar. Open the same hours as the Dive In.

If the Eurodam is like the smaller HAL ships, there is an excellent Mexican buffet every day outside on the Lido deck just across from the Dive In burger/hot dog bar. Open the same hours as the Dive In.

Thanks for the heads up be on Amsterdam later this summer.

Your pictures are wonderful! I will be on this cruise 7/1. Would you happen to remember which nights were formal nights?

Thank you in advance' date='

Lana[/quote']

Thank you Lana . They were Sunday night on our day at sea and Thursday , the night before Victoria .

That is certainly a good suggestion . Also the storage under the sink is not as well organized as the Celebrity S Class . I saw old photos , pre dry dock I believe , that slowed glass or plexiglass shower and tub enclosures . They are now , sigh , curtains . Well spotted as always Mic ! Thanks . :) :D

How does your room compare to the SY do you know? I'm having a heck of a time finding photos

How does your room compare to the SY do you know? I'm having a heck of a time finding photos

Try http://www.halfacts.com for photos of cabins. Just select the ship class and then the cabin number you're interested in. If there is a similar cabin for another ship within that same class, then look at those photos, too. It should be very similar.