Eurodam to Alaska : We came , we saw , we photographed .

Tracy's Crab Shack has indeed moved to the new location you mention above, which is located right near the docks on the Juneau waterfront, not far from their previous location. Sorry you missed them:(

It's right across from the Visitor Center on the dock. Even though we didn't make it there this trip, I had to take a photo.!

img_0246.jpg

This thread has really shown the variance in weather. Glacier Bay was rather overcast - but Ketchikan is bright & sunny.

The weather in Ketchikan started out a little rainy and we saw some hail in the mountains before turning sunny later in the day , so we did see some rapid change . It reminded us of the weather in the Baltic area that we had last June .

The Aleutian Ballad circled us just before we left Ketchikan

IMG_5301_zpsiqr7mqpk.jpg

IMG_5304_zpsw2t09klz.jpg

As we pushed back we noticed that we had been tied to a large barge

ce8d701f-7a5f-4928-93d0-eb469b141ffb_zpsvon2vrwq.jpg

The barge had large collars that slid up and down the concrete pilings with the rising and falling tides . Pretty cool !

9d373612-dc22-4801-b54f-222001b96589_zpso0meiq5r.jpg

Goodbye Ketchikan !

IMG_5315_zpsa8zgk8bc.jpg

IMG_531920Stitch-001_zpsmj1aqutd.jpg

What was the item in the red bowl? And were the 2 slices of meat on a plate the chateaubriand, and a shared piece? The pieces of chateaubriand used to be huge, about 2 inches thick. Actually wouldn't mind a smaller piece.

Joe and Pat, it looks like you are eating some good vittles on the Eurodam. Is the food comparable to the excellence found on Princess and Celebrity?

I don't sail for the food but am very pleased with the two lines I have sailed. The HAL food looks good but of course I can't taste it.

Norris

What was the item in the red bowl? And were the 2 slices of meat on a plate the chateaubriand, and a shared piece? The pieces of chateaubriand used to be huge, about 2 inches thick. Actually wouldn't mind a smaller piece.

We're not sure after looking at the menu . And yes , that was the Chateaubriand which seems to be improperly named according to Wikipedia's definition :

In contemporary times, chateaubriand cuts of beef refer to "a large steak cut from the thickest part of a fillet of beef".[1]

Joe and Pat, it looks like you are eating some good vittles on the Eurodam. Is the food comparable to the excellence found on Princess and Celebrity?

I don't sail for the food but am very pleased with the two lines I have sailed. The HAL food looks good but of course I can't taste it.

Norris

We think so for the most part , and you've named our three favorite cruise lines ! And like our 3 children , they all are unique and have their strong points . We did like the Pinnacle and Tamarind , but wished that we would have ordered the full breakfast on the veranda and we didn't try the Dive In , but we have heard that their burgers are good . Maybe on the Koningsdam in October . :) :D

We think so for the most part , and you've named our three favorite cruise lines ! And like our 3 children , they all are unique and have their strong points . We did like the Pinnacle and Tamarind , but wished that we would have ordered the full breakfast on the veranda and we didn't try the Dive In , but we have heard that their burgers are good . Maybe on the Koningsdam in October . :) :D

That veranda looks so wonderful I am sure we'll have breakfast there at least once......we are 5 days from flying out of there.....very excited and each of your posts just adds to it!!! :D

That veranda looks so wonderful I am sure we'll have breakfast there at least once......we are 5 days from flying out of there.....very excited and each of your posts just adds to it!!! :D

Wow the time is near , we hope you and your family have a great time !! :) :D

We stuck our heads outside and it was raining

DSC01528_zpswdpdca9s.jpg

In the video clip you can see smoke rising from the hot tub :

And so we decided just to walk around

DSC01533_zpscbe45bwn.jpg

The indoor pool had waves in it in this clip :

The Crow's Nest has a coffee bar

DSC01545_zpsfqk5ot7z.jpg

and is a good place to rest your brain

DSC01542_zpsbppzrz2c.jpg