Eurodam to Alaska : We came , we saw , we photographed .

The fantastic thing about today's world is Digital photography. I can take multiple pictures and experiment with settings without it costing anything but some memory space (which can be regained by deletion of bad pics). The bad thing is that most people rarely do anything with the photos once they are home, they store them on a disc or in a folder on the computer and maybe use them as a screen saver and rarely look at them again. If the hard disc goes down they are lost.

that is where this forum is good as your photos are stored here (as well as in your bucket) which is external to your own computer space.

In addition to several storage options, I make photo books of our trips, by using a selection of photos, they are not all necessarily great ones but they all do represent an area or experience that triggers a memory. I have made these as I have a hard copy of the photo and I like flicking through books.

The memories live on, and occasionally other people enjoy the books as well without having to sit through a slide show.

The fantastic thing about today's world is Digital photography. I can take multiple pictures and experiment with settings without it costing anything but some memory space (which can be regained by deletion of bad pics). The bad thing is that most people rarely do anything with the photos once they are home, they store them on a disc or in a folder on the computer and maybe use them as a screen saver and rarely look at them again. If the hard disc goes down they are lost.

that is where this forum is good as your photos are stored here (as well as in your bucket) which is external to your own computer space.

In addition to several storage options, I make photo books of our trips, by using a selection of photos, they are not all necessarily great ones but they all do represent an area or experience that triggers a memory. I have made these as I have a hard copy of the photo and I like flicking through books.

The memories live on, and occasionally other people enjoy the books as well without having to sit through a slide show.

Thanks for the great advice and tips Mic . :cool:

I also put my photos on an external hard drive and keep the SD cards . One lesson that I learned on this trip was that I should have used all new SD cards .

Back at the port we said goodbye to Daniel who did a great job . We also took some ship photos . The aft is our preferred view and our next cruise on HAL in October will be in the aft .

IMG_6193_zpstkijsyuw.jpg

The Coral Princess aft

IMG_6194_zpssavwhdjc.jpg

There were white caps breaking and a strong wind so it was cold .

IMG_6196_zps38kppxlo.jpg

The 'big picture' of the Coral Princess

IMG_620120Stitch-001_zpsrsvtg0rb.jpg