Eurodam to Alaska : We came , we saw , we photographed .

That veranda looks so wonderful I am sure we'll have breakfast there at least once......we are 5 days from flying out of there.....very excited and each of your posts just adds to it!!! :D

How exciting, I am wishing you a early bon voyage.

Just before lunch the seas were bumpy and we were due to enter Canada's inside passage

DSC01555_zpsrryxqpj2.jpg

However the pilot wasn't there yet so we had to do a 'circle the drain' maneuver to waste time .

video :

DSC01566_zps5pvwvhsm.jpg

IMG_5341_zps3r0zoydi.jpg

After we left the ocean and got into the protected area it was much calmer and time for lunch at the Lido .

DSC01564_zpsfewntdly.jpg

DSC01560_zpsxpuhwwyv.jpg

DSC01563_zpswsoabnfo.jpg

It was busy in some areas so we each ordered a small , thin crust pizza and was given a notification device . And as soon as we got a nice salad and a seat , the pizza man rang and it was time to eat .

How cool, I love the way the bears are waiting for the food delivery via the Zipline

I've been trying to lure Barry into an Alaska trip, but seeing that he might end up as the main course for dinner for some bears delivered by the zipline we would probably be riding didn't do much to help my cause! :eek:

I've been trying to lure Barry into an Alaska trip, but seeing that he might end up as the main course for dinner for some bears delivered by the zipline we would probably be riding didn't do much to help my cause! :eek:

Tell him to hold on and then the bears will go hungry.

Back on Page 5 that P-patch next to the V shaped buildings (The Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation HQ) I believe is the visitor center for the foundation and if in the area worth stopping in to see what they're doing with all that money. Some good stuff.

IMG_3826_zpswwbcrtsq.jpg

Thanks for the information and link , and congratulations , and Happy Anniversary !

Our 40th will be early next year . :) :D

Lovely photos with the snow capped mountains in the background. Always looks great.

Thanks Mic , and they looked better in person ! And as we neared the Johnstone Strait we were on Orca alert since this is where they are supposed to congregate .

orca-camp-map_zpseb42sgvn.jpg

We made a turn to the East which put the sun at our back

IMG_5429_zpsqfg0fpce.jpg

A flock of fast flying birds

IMG_5436_zpszsuct6jn.jpg

Behind us the water began to boil with activity

IMG_5473_zpswxoyzjxg.jpg

We think that it was a pod of false Killer Whales

IMG_5483_zpswqnf20kh.jpg

And ahead of us was a log jam , probably a saw mill .

IMG_5494_zpssmdmtsws.jpg

Excellent Photos! Very special of you to take time from your fabulous cruise to post your photos !

Felt like I was on the cruise. Living in Florida most of my life makes the Alaska cruises very special to us; our residence is on one of those small mountains in Florida, 42 feet above sea level :)

The upgrades to the suites are great. As far as location of the TV behind the sofa, I do not know where else it would fit. We also dined at the Taramind on Day 1 as we sailed out of FLL. That was special.

Safe travels back home and thanks again.

Excellent Photos! Very special of you to take time from your fabulous cruise to post your photos !

Felt like I was on the cruise. Living in Florida most of my life makes the Alaska cruises very special to us; our residence is on one of those small mountains in Florida, 42 feet above sea level :)

The upgrades to the suites are great. As far as location of the TV behind the sofa, I do not know where else it would fit. We also dined at the Taramind on Day 1 as we sailed out of FLL. That was special.

Safe travels back home and thanks again.

It was special for us too being Florida flatlanders . :cool: