Eurodam to Alaska : We came , we saw , we photographed .

A nice hot toddy or Spanish coffee on those cold mornings is good, great

pictures as always, thanks.

Allan

Yes it would be !

I was busy like Goldilocks looking where to take photos . The Bow was too cold , The Observation Deck was too hot , but with room service and a glass of wine the Veranda was just right ! :) :D

DSC01297_zpswigd01kx.jpg

Yes it would be !

I was busy like Goldilocks looking where to take photos . The Bow was too cold , The Observation Deck was too hot , but with room service and a glass of wine the Veranda was just right ! :) :D

DSC01297_zpswigd01kx.jpg

Joe, you're a smart man to sip wine and savor the glaciers from the shelter of your balcony.

Is that a Canon 70-200mm in the shot? Is it the F2.8 or 4.0? Looks fat enough to be the 2.8.

Norris, lens nerd

I love the view from the balcony. Closer to the water. You hear sounds you don't here amongst the crowds. Some people don't understand why I prefer it over the top decks but that's okay. ;)

I have been away for a week went on a short cruise to Brisbane on the Golden Princess and then a few days in Cairns at a resort. I have just caught up and love all the photos. I must say I am gob smacked by some of them, well done Joe.

I have been away for a week went on a short cruise to Brisbane on the Golden Princess and then a few days in Cairns at a resort. I have just caught up and love all the photos. I must say I am gob smacked by some of them, well done Joe.

Welcome back Mic , how was the cruise ? Any snorkeling on the GBR ? :cool:

Glacier bay is beautiful! I love your pictures, as usual! :D

Thank you Nancy . We enjoyed it and wished that the weather had cleared a bit to really get a clear view . But we were thrilled to be there and with what we saw , and like diving , each visit is different .

Welcome back Mic , how was the cruise ? Any snorkeling on the GBR ? :cool:

The cruise was great but too short. We didn't snorkel out on the reef for this trip as the recent storms they had on the weekend had stirred up the water and made it very cloudy. I did do a lot of swimming in the Resort's pool though.

The cruise was great but too short. We didn't snorkel out on the reef for this trip as the recent storms they had on the weekend had stirred up the water and made it very cloudy. I did do a lot of swimming in the Resort's pool though.

Very nice , in the pool . The Summer is best for snorkeling and diving here , but when the hurricanes come in the Fall it usually stirs up and I used to switch to surfing . Not so much now , maybe for the grandsons as they are about to break from school !

I love the view from the balcony. Closer to the water. You hear sounds you don't here amongst the crowds. Some people don't understand why I prefer it over the top decks but that's okay. ;)

We do , and the Promenade also , as you are close to the water . We did see and hear some minor calving but it's early in the year . A small video clip at the 12 second mark on the left side of the glacier :

Completely, completely agree!

Glacier Bay day we tried the bow, we tried the crows nest and the aft deck but ultimately we ended up spending most of our time on our very own balcony.

I never say "oh you have to get a balcony" but for an Alaskan cruise and for us, it was worth every single penny.

For exactly the same reason you mentioned....the serenity and hearing nature without hearing 50-100 people talking over it in the background.

I really feel it's why we enjoyed Glacier Bay so very much...it was a peaceful oasis for us to just sip some wine and watch the glorious beauty.

Joe, you're a smart man to sip wine and savor the glaciers from the shelter of your balcony.

Is that a Canon 70-200mm in the shot? Is it the F2.8 or 4.0? Looks fat enough to be the 2.8.

Norris, lens nerd

We did make good use of the balcony with room service , a warm place , rest room , it was our favorite spot for GB .

A 70-300 f 4 on the 6 D and the SL 1 had a 24-105 . I did swap lenses sometimes but not outside .

DSC01629_zpsgkdstaqt.jpg

The calf fell near this part of the glacier

IMG_5950_zps4lmgmtg1.jpg

After leaving the glacier we passed some tall slender waterfalls from snow melt

IMG_5959_zpsuayk69wk.jpg

We were headed toward the Johns Hopkins Glacier

DSC01931_zpsjccoulpr.jpg

But we seemed to stop and pivot

IMG_5960_zpsxjgn7gyp.jpg

and went past the Lamplugh Glacier

IMG_5892_zpssamodyy7.jpg

IMG_5893_zpsbr2w5z6o.jpg

Completely, completely agree!

Glacier Bay day we tried the bow, we tried the crows nest and the aft deck but ultimately we ended up spending most of our time on our very own balcony.

I never say "oh you have to get a balcony" but for an Alaskan cruise and for us, it was worth every single penny.

For exactly the same reason you mentioned....the serenity and hearing nature without hearing 50-100 people talking over it in the background.

I really feel it's why we enjoyed Glacier Bay so very much...it was a peaceful oasis for us to just sip some wine and watch the glorious beauty.

I was concerned when my wife wanted to book a Verandah room for our upcoming Alaskan - made sense when we sailed the Caribbean, but Alaska? We could have saved quite a bunch! Glad to hear we made the right decision!

I was concerned when my wife wanted to book a Verandah room for our upcoming Alaskan - made sense when we sailed the Caribbean, but Alaska? We could have saved quite a bunch! Glad to hear we made the right decision!

Listen to her , a happy wife = a happy life ! :D