whoot! saved some cash!

ceeceebat

I just checked the price on the cruise my husband and I had booked (before making my final payment) and noticed the cost pp dropped $200, under 5 min on the phone with the cruise consultant at NCL we booked through and not only are we getting a $400 refund but we're getting $500 obc because it's part of the current promo.

For the curious, we booked the DOS on the Dawn and are 115 days out from our sailing.

Of course if it is after final payment date that is a different story altogether.

The CC I spoke to made it sound as if it wouldn't have mattered if the cruise had been paid in full or not. He said as long as it was before the final payment due date price drops will generally be approved. As pleased as I am by our good fortune part of me is hoping we can upgrade to the DOS with 2 balconies for a song but even if that doesn't happen I'm still pleased as punch.

Thanks so much for posting this -- I just checked prices for our trip on the Dawn next May and found they had added "extra guests sail free" to our sail date which will save us about $1000!!

Yay!

Congrats to you!

I was able to get the $500 obc for our 8/25 Dawn cruise even though I'm past the final payment deadline. Just booked an OS last Friday and wouldn't you know up pops the substantial obc for suites yesterday. My TA, that I found through ************* thanks to Cruise Critic, was able to beat ncl's price by a lot and she went to bat for the obc after the fact.

I'm a very happy camper😊