Shuttle / Transportation - Vancouver Cruise Terminal to SEA-TAC

Von & John

Hi -- this is being posted on both Celebrity & Destinations pages

We are reviewing options of flying out of Vancouver or Seattle. Does anyone have a shuttle/transportation option they recommend for Vancouver Cruise Terminal to SEA-TAC?

Thanks!

Hi,

There are a few options.

There is the Quickcoach bus that will pick you up right at Canada Place http://www.quickcoach.com/

Amtrak has a train into downtown Seattle (leaves around 5pm?) and then you can take the light rail to Seatac. The Vancouver train station is not walk able from the ship, so will need taxi or Uber ride to get to it. Nice ride though.

https://www.amtrak.com/ccurl/394/275/Amtrak-Cascades-Schedule-022016,0.pdf

http://kingcounty.gov/depts/transportation/metro/travel-options/rail.aspx

You can also rent a car one way from Canada Place/Pan Pacific from Alamo. I reserve it through Costco travel when I do it. Seatac has a rental return area with a bus to the terminal.

Hope this helps!

I haven't done it for a Cruise but the Cascades by Amtrak is beautiful and an easy ride. We thoroughly enjoyed the to and from trip (Seattle to Vancouver). Taxis were very easy to find, but have cash for the Canadian side... he didn't like running a credit card for that little of an amount and he would have taken American dollars.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

While the Amtrak is a beautiful route, I believe the timing doesn't necessarily work so well for catching right after a cruise. The actual train goes at 6:30 AM or 5:35 PM .... maybe this depends on the dates, though but I know it didn't really work well for after a cruise. I have taken it for getting to Canada Place, though ... and it is a beautiful route. There is still a short walk to get to the Sky Train and then another short walk to get to the train station ... or a cab, of course. So, while a beautiful route, it is just not all that convenient at the end of a cruise IMHO!

We've taken the QuickCoach bus right from the pier (Canada Place and even Ballentine when they used to use it) down into the states a few times. It is convenient and busses are clean and have a bathroom. They are probably your best bet overall if you just want an easy, stress free way of getting to SeaTac ... door to door. You will still go through customs at the border and the time waiting there can vary so be sure to factor that into your flight time out of SeaTac. They have an express bus that goes without all the stops that you may want to consider. Otherwise, they have one that stops at different hotels and possibly the Bellingham, Washington airport.

Just of note, if you can fly out of BLI, Bellingham, it is a really nice quiet little airport and I use it often. Their flights are limited but it is much closer to Vancouver than SeaTac is so your bus ride is not only significantly shorter, it is a bit cheaper as well. QuickShuttle / QuickCoach does have a AAA discount. I believe it is about $28 to BLI and $45 to SeaTac pp with the discount. This was a couple of years ago so pricing may have changed.

With that being said, we've found some really great pricing on flights into and out of Vancouver so haven't had to use the bus for any recent trips but wouldn't hesitate to book it again if it worked out to save me some money.

Thanks SeattleCruzr, Sunni & Cruise Raider -- We'll check all 3 options out. We may just fly out of Vancouver - which would be easiest :) We'll be headed back to ANC - so not too long of a flight.

Thanks!