Hair tongs

I am from the Uk and will be going on the Navigator of the seas 26.05.17 cruise.

Never been on a Royal Caribbean cruise before. Am I allowed to take a cordless babyliss hair tongs operated by gas refil cannisters or if I take an electric hair tong, will it work.

Many thanks

I am from the Uk and will be going on the Navigator of the seas 26.05.17 cruise.

Never been on a Royal Caribbean cruise before. Am I allowed to take a cordless babyliss hair tongs operated by gas refil cannisters or if I take an electric hair tong, will it work.

Many thanks

The cordless hair tongs might be ok because it doesn't produce an open flame. This is RC's probibited statement about curling irons: Candles, Incense, Coffee Makers, Clothes Irons, Travel Steamers & Hot Plates. (Items that generate heat or produce an open flame. This includes heating pads, clothing irons, hotplates, candles, incense and any other item that may create a fire hazard. NOTE: The only exception to this policy are curling irons and hair straighteners. Matches and normal lighteners are allowed onboard. However "torch lighters" and novelty lighters that look like guns are not allowed onboard. Torch lighters emit a powerful concentrated flame, and therefore are prohibited.

I think RC is a little less clear about it than Carnival, who states this is not allowed: "Compressed gas tanks, bottles, cylinders including dive tanks, propane tanks and aerosol cans" --the cordless gas curler might fall into this category.

Many thanks for your replies. On my last cruise (Princess) my electric tongs wouldn't work even with the travel adaptor. Think it's the voltage.

My curling tongs and hot air brush are all UK voltage and I use them every day on the continent with the adapters and have used them the same way on several cruise ships.

Many thanks for your replies. On my last cruise (Princess) my electric tongs wouldn't work even with the travel adaptor. Think it's the voltage. Am I allowed to take my Babyliss cordless gas hair tongs.

Thanks

Take a UK to Euro adapter and you should be OK with the electric hair appliance.