Barefoot Beach Cabanas

Hi All,

We are sailing on Oasis next week, and I've been emailing the concierges for the past two weeks about booking a beachfront cabana on Labadee at Barefoot Beach. Originally an email came from them saying I had to wait until 7 days before sailing to book, and I could reply to their welcome email when they sent it. I did that - emailed them promptly as soon as the welcome email came in. (Monday) They only got back to me yesterday and informed me that there are only standard and hilltop cabanas left. I thought it was supposed to be first come first served on the cabanas?? We are in Grand Suites, so we don't have the Star Class perks, but we do have Sky Class. Does anyone know whether they offer the cabanas to those in the pricier suites first? I was so disappointed as this is a big family trip for my parents' 50th anniversary and I wanted everything to be just perfect for them. It's kind of a "once in a lifetime trip" for them. I did book a standard cabana but it's not super close to the water and I'm a bit bummed about it. Can anyone tell me how this works so that if we ever do this again I can get a better cabana? (I feel a little silly complaining about this - I understand these are first-world problems :o) I know we will have a wonderful time regardless, but I'm curious about the process.

Many thanks!!

Heather

I've never cruised on an Oasis class ship yet but I would assume that they would offer Star class the cabanas first then go down from there. Since star class hears from their Genie more in advance I would think the Genie could reserve a cabana for them.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Had the same email on Harmony for standard and hilltop only. From what I understand the others are held back for Star class. Best bet, ask for a standard (S9 would be the closets to the water). Also mention if they are available you would ideally like beachfront. Just remember there are only two beachfront cabanas.

Sent from a mobile device

I was told the same thing by the concierge on Allure. We were in a star class suite last year and had the over the water cabana and will be disappointed if we can't get one again. We were told we are on the waitlist for the over the water and beach front. Hopefully we will get luck and the star class guests won't all want a cabana.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk