Cleaning of rooms

blakeamy

Do you ever wonder how well they actually clean the rooms between guests? Our room was ready when we boarded, but the toilet was visibly dirty. Our room was serviced that night, and yet the toilet remained visibly dirty. We finally met the room steward the next day, and we told him about the urine drips and the curly black hair. He didn't seem at all surprised or apologetic, he just said he would take care of it. I wonder what else he neglected to clean. I have lost my faith in the cabin stewards and will start packing my own Lysol spray and Clorox wipes.

Not very good at cleaning.

Over 25 cruises on multiple lines and I've seen a few "less than ideal" staterooms (2 on Carnival and 1 on Royal), but usually a word with the steward and all is fixed.

I do bring a small ziplock of Virox wipes from work (medical grade "chlorox" wipes) and wipe down the tables, handles, phone, remote and everything in the bathroom. I'm no clean freak but I caught noro on the Dream a few years ago so I am a tad more careful now. :)

We have always thought our stewards do an amazing job. Never had a problem with cleanliness in our rooms or public areas of the ship that I can recall. We don't feel the need to carry sanitizing wipes on board. We don't do that in any other public places we visit, so why would we do it on a cruise ship?

Just curious, does anyone know how many hours a day is typical for a steward to work? It amazes me how they manage to get so much done, and always with a smile on their face.