Which balcony on Getaway?

goldne

Hi, I'm new to NCL, just booked a regular balcony cabin (BD) on Deck 10 on the Getaway for next year.

My question is, is there another balcony category/deck we should be considering instead? I've been reading reviews about how small the regular balconies are and am worried we would be disappointed with the size. We do use our balcony quite frequently since we don't really like to sit by the pool.

What are these angled balconies that I keep reading about?

Any specific cabin/deck recommendations?

Thanks in advance!

I've been reading reviews about how small the regular balconies are and am worried we would be disappointed with the size.

The standard balconies are very, very small. There are other types of balconies if balcony size is important.

We do use our balcony quite frequently...

You won't if you stay in your current stateroom.

What are these angled balconies that I keep reading about?

The parts of the ship where it gets "skinnier" or "wider" will have the angled balconies. They are roughly 50% larger for the same price as the balconies next to them in the same stateroom category. Imagine a rectangle with a right triangle on top of it.

Any specific cabin/deck recommendations?

Look into the aft-facing balconies. The size differs depending on deck but decks 9 then 12 are the deepest.

There are also larger balconies towards the front of the ship but they offer less privacy since you can be seen from above. The aft-facing offers more size (potentially) and more privacy plus a better view.

The standard balconies are very, very small. There are other types of balconies if balcony size is important.

The aft-facing offers more size (potentially) and more privacy plus a better view.

...I'm sure the OP is aware that these aft facing balconies come at a cost. They'll have to balance the desire for more balcony against a budget.

Thank you for the info and pic, this is very helpful! Yes, I can see now that size balcony is just going to be too small. Would love an aft-facing balcony but it would probably be out of the budget.

So the angled balconies for the same price are category B6? Are any of these for 4 people?

Also, what is an example of a cabin number with the angled balcony? Trying to tell from the deck plan.

Thank you again!

Also, what is an example of a cabin number with the angled balcony? Trying to tell from the deck plan.

Look on the deck plans for cabins like 13178, 13778, 13236, 13836, etc. Seems to be some on each deck.

This video shows an angled balcony on Escape but the situation should be similar on BA and GA...

Thank you for the info and pic, this is very helpful! Yes, I can see now that size balcony is just going to be too small. Would love an aft-facing balcony but it would probably be out of the budget.

So the angled balconies for the same price are category B6? Are any of these for 4 people?

Thank you again!

I have cabin 9736 on the breakaway this sunday, I'm told it is an angled balcony, it was the same price as the regular balconies. I will take a picture.

I have cabin 9736 on the breakaway this sunday, I'm told it is an angled balcony, it was the same price as the regular balconies. I will take a picture.

9736 is angled, we were in 9734 which is the first B6 large balcony. The angled are quite big, but I'd personally get a B6 again if I had 4 people:)

Sent from my iPad using Forums

The B6 is called a "large balcony" category and usually cost more than what you currently have. For the same price as what you have (BD), an example of an angled balcony would be 10242/10842 which is a BB that sleeps 4.

If you can get it, 9136 has a larger angled balcony and is a BB category (same price) that sleeps 4. (it's a "secret" angled balcony that almost matches the B6 in balcony size)

8138 and 8738 are also good.

BA, BB, BC, BD are just location. B6 is a different category. There are no B1 (aft-facing) that sleep 4. I didn't know that you had 4 people in my previous posts.

Edited by Two Wheels Only

The B6 is called a "large balcony" category and usually cost more than what you currently have. For the same price as what you have (BD), an example of an angled balcony would be 10242/10842 which is a BB that sleeps 4.

If you can get it, 9136 has a larger angled balcony and is a BB category (same price) that sleeps 4. (it's a "secret" angled balcony that almost matches the B6 in balcony size)

8138 and 8738 are also good.

BA, BB, BC, BD are just location. B6 is a different category. There are no B1 (aft-facing) that sleep 4. I didn't know that you had 4 people in my previous posts.

This is so helpful, thank you so much!

I notice that some of these cabins are far forward...do you feel a lot of motion up there? Never stayed that far forward before.

I notice that some of these cabins are far forward...do you feel a lot of motion up there? Never stayed that far forward before.

I know that it doesn't help but nobody can answer that question for you. Some people are more sensitive to movement than others. The weather and conditions are also impossible to predict for your cruise.

We stayed in angled balcony cabin 13870 on Getaway. I believe it was BD category. It was angled. If you want to keep the same price instead of paying more for "large balcony" categories, then you definitely want to book an angled. They are still small, but about 50% larger than the standard balconies, though for the same price. This cabin is also great because it is right by the stairs/elevators, so we didn't have to walk a mile up and down the skinny hallways to get anywhere. Also, we could run right up the stairs 2 floors to grab a snack or beverage at the buffet.

I've got connecting balcony cabins for Getaway July 18th sailing. Does anyone know if NCL allows the balcony partition be opened between connecting cabins?

The official answer is "no". The dividers serve a purpose to help lessen/prevent the spread of fire.

However, some stewards will still open them. If safety regulations are followed, the dividers should remain closed unless needed (maintenance, for ex.).