I have a problem...

A&Jfamily

Carnival did cruise to St. Croix years ago. I heard they stopped for security reasons. We stopped there, along with San Juan, and St. John's, in 2000 on Triumph out of Miami on our first ever cruise.

I know the ports are all repeats - but we don't really spend a lot of time in each port, so I'm wondering if there are things you haven't done or seen yet. Maybe find an excursion or activity that is totally new and different to do? At the end of the day, most of the Caribbean islands are quite similar in scenery, port shopping, and beaches.

and before I begin, let me acknowledge up front, that this is a 1st world problem. So here it goes...I love cruising. I love the down time with my family. But I am tired of the same old ports. We cruise with our kids who are in Jr high and college and can only go pre-Christmas or spring break and there just seems to be nothing new! I have been to: Aruba, Curacao, Roatan, Belize, Cozumel, Costa Maya, Grand Cayman, Jamaica, Grand Turk, Amber Cove, St. Croix, St. Thomas, St. Marteen, San Juan, Nassau, Freeport and HMC.

We have Progresso and Cozumel booked on the Triumph pre-Christmas. Then the island hopper booked out of San Juan in Spring of 2018. And we are looking at the 4 day from Long Beach to Catalina and Ensenada in December 2018; the 7 day is out because it is Sat-Sat and we can't get there in time with exams from the east coast.

Can Carnival find/build/locate some new ports? Or at least offer some of the ones like St. Croix, Antigua, Bonaire, Columbia, Costa Rica and Panama more frequently???

Anyone else have this issue? We travel much more for the ports than the ship (thus the Fascination island hopper will be grand!). I am ready to start looking a spring break 2019 and if nothing catches my eye, it might me a US National Park trip. Cruising is so relaxing, but I really want to go new places and see new things....:(

I would suggest the most unthinkable on this board. Redo all of your previous ports, but on, wait for it, wait for it, wait for it, Royal Caribbean. :D

Also you've been to a few ports that I would love to go to.

I hear you...and we have been on Princess when we got deals. Others like RCI (I was not impressed when I sailed them in 2000) and X are priced out of our comfort zone (we could afford it would just mean less vacations per year) as we get two rooms. NCL doesn't appeal because I have read and heard too many reports that the food is just not good. We also are not heavy drinkers so the free drinks thing isn't enough to off-set the difference in costs.

Also, despite the complaints of Carnival having a bad perks program, I disagree. As I am Platinum now, it is hard to pass up on going home with a clean suitcase of clothes I didn't have to wash. We aren't internet users while on vacation so that perk, say on princess, doesn't appeal...and with Princess is it 151+ sea days or 15 cruises before you get the laundry.

So...for many reasons that leaves me with Carnival as my line of choice...until we start going just me and DH internationally once the kids are out of the house. And then it is "Princess here we come!"

PS - Just ran a search for RCI March 2018...and nothing really new. Maybe a St. Croix, but not on their week. Or a Haiti but the price of the cruise is $250 pp more for the inside for our kids, without even looking into the balcony....

Just as a point of interest NCL's MDR food is as good as Carnivals and their buffet is MUCH better. Just wanted to let you know so you have more lines to choose from.

Just curious, since Carnival is so limited in Europe, which cruiseline would you choose for a cruise there? I have been on RCL, and I wasn't impressed. NCL seems the most reasonable, which is important. Any input? ;)

Check out MSC. They are European oriented and will have their first ship specifically built for Caribbean sailings when the Seaside comes out in December. Their new build Meraviglia looks awesome and will be debuting in Europe before crossing the pond.

Sent from my XT1254 using Forums mobile app

I never understand passengers that stay on the ship in port. I love seeing new places and getting a taste of a different culture. For me travel is an education, so that's why we try and visit different destinations and countries when we go away.

Have 25 Caribbean cruises under my belt and for the most part, many of the ports are very similar. Occasionally there are some nuances that make it nice to venture out, but I prefer to sail on the newer, bigger ships with bells and whistles that will make me happier than another Caribbean stop.

I didn't explore the ship, even though I'd never been on the Breeze, because I knew it would look like all the rest of the Carnival ships. For me, it's definitely time for a change!

It's obvious that you did zero research before your Breeze cruise because if you did then you would know that Joe Farcus, who designed all of the neon colored nonsense in the majority of the fleet had nothing to do with the decor on the Breeze. The Breeze has beautiful Caribbean hues that is unique in the fleet with the exception of the more recently built Vista.

Just curious, since Carnival is so limited in Europe, which cruiseline would you choose for a cruise there? I have been on RCL, and I wasn't impressed. NCL seems the most reasonable, which is important. Any input? ;)

If you want to go to more intimate ports with guided shore excursions included, I would highly suggest the river cruises, Avalon or Viking. A large cruise ship is limited to big city ports.

AJ, I might reconsider the Pacific cruise. We honestly thought it was the worst ports we have ever been to. It might sound harsh and many will disagree. We thought Cabo was like Cancun, McDonalds, Taco Bell, and all your favorites. Catalina was :cute" that's about it, nothing bad. Puerto Vallarta was not very appealing to us. Yes, you can get away from the port with some very nice shore excursions, but not a place we would consider it a land trip. Just one reporter's opinion. Back to the Caribbean

I think you need to just try another cruise line. Shake it up! I know it is a comfort being with the same old same old! The larger ships are a destination in themselves!!

And the worry about the food on NCL is just wrong! We had amazing food last February on Ncl dawn! We are on the Vista in February and I am reading many reviews of the bad food. We just go with the flow! I will not starve to death in a week! Lol

A beautiful beach with turquoise water from December-March is why we cruise! Oh and to be warmer then if I was staying in Minnesota!!

and before I begin, let me acknowledge up front, that this is a 1st world problem. So here it goes...I love cruising. I love the down time with my family. But I am tired of the same old ports. We cruise with our kids who are in Jr high and college and can only go pre-Christmas or spring break and there just seems to be nothing new! I have been to: Aruba, Curacao, Roatan, Belize, Cozumel, Costa Maya, Grand Cayman, Jamaica, Grand Turk, Amber Cove, St. Croix, St. Thomas, St. Marteen, San Juan, Nassau, Freeport and HMC.

We have Progresso and Cozumel booked on the Triumph pre-Christmas. Then the island hopper booked out of San Juan in Spring of 2018. And we are looking at the 4 day from Long Beach to Catalina and Ensenada in December 2018; the 7 day is out because it is Sat-Sat and we can't get there in time with exams from the east coast.

Can Carnival find/build/locate some new ports? Or at least offer some of the ones like St. Croix, Antigua, Bonaire, Columbia, Costa Rica and Panama more frequently???

Anyone else have this issue? We travel much more for the ports than the ship (thus the Fascination island hopper will be grand!). I am ready to start looking a spring break 2019 and if nothing catches my eye, it might me a US National Park trip. Cruising is so relaxing, but I really want to go new places and see new things....:(

You haven't been to the 2 best ports. St Lucia or Barbados.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

You haven't been to the 2 best ports. St Lucia or Barbados.

They are on our March 2018 cruise on Fascination.

After looking at flights from D.C., and with Princess $1 sale yesterday we decided to reserve the Mexican Riviera on the Star. We enjoyed her sister ship, Grand, and have the huge Caribe balcony. Hopefully son's exam schedule will line up and we can get flights.

So we will miss Platinum perks on Carnival but it puts DH into Ruby on Princess. Between the Princess experience and the new ports we are quite excited.