Breakaway SDP question

It's my first time sailing on NCL- usually go with HAL, Celebrity, or RCI.

Included in my price was the unlimited drink package and the specialty dinning plan.

My question is that when I go to book reservations at the restaurants, some say complementary, while others say a la carte- even though these restaurants (for example: cagney's) are supposedly included in the SDP. Does this mean that if i eat there I will have to still pay an additional charge for items ordered? If i'm allowed to eat at these "a la carte" restaurants, what does the SDP cover?- the upcharge?

Thanks!

Cagney's, Le Bistro, La Cucina, Moderno and Teppanyaki are all included with the SDP at no charge. You will get one entree and as many appetizers as you want. The a la carte price is for people who go there without a dining package.

Thanks Brian! Besides Cagney's- which other 2 do you like the best? (Provided you've eaten at them)

I booked a night at the Brazilian steakhouse and I want to stick with the Manhattan room for the rest of my non sdp nights

Cagneys, IMO, is the best pay-for restaurant. Our 2nd favorite is a tie between Le Bistro, and Teppanyaki. Moderno isn't bad, we just aren't crazy about it. If you are used to good Italian food, don't even bother with La Cucina. It's Olive Garden quality IMO.

I think Cagneys and Le Bistro are the best, the escargots appetizer at Le Bistro was our favorite, my wife and I each had it twice last cruise. Moderno is good if you want to really stuff yourself, we did it once but probably won't eat there again. They keep coming with 10-12 different dishes, some are good, some are average. Teppanyaki is more of a show than dinner, the food is average and the "show" depends on who is cooking for you, we do it once per cruise. I enjoyed Le Cucina towards the end of my cruise because I ate so much meat over the previous few days I wanted something different.

If I'm going to be on the Breakaway or Getaway, I would use one of my SDPs for Ocean Blue. There is an additional upcharge (maybe around $15/person with service charges), but it was the best meal we had on our last cruise.

Our other go-tos are Cagney's and La Cucina. While I wouldn't say that La Cucina is high-end Italian, we've enjoyed our meals there.

If I'm going to be on the Breakaway or Getaway, I would use one of my SDPs for Ocean Blue. There is an additional upcharge (maybe around $15/person with service charges), but it was the best meal we had on our last cruise.

Our other go-tos are Cagney's and La Cucina. While I wouldn't say that La Cucina is high-end Italian, we've enjoyed our meals there.

I agree with Brookie - We loved Ocean Blue and thought it was well worth the upcharge. Other than that we choose LeBistro and Cagney's.