Gratuities/gift card question

onewildrice

Ok, have sailed on Carnival several times and now have a question. I bought $500 worth of gift cards from Allstate and "thought" I had requested email delivery but apparently I didn't. My final payment is due on May 25 and I won't have the gift cards yet. My question is....can I remove my prepaid gratuities and then add them back on when I get the gift cards and use the GC to pay them? This will make my final payment obviously less and will then leave me about $250 OBC. If I thought we would spend $500 on board, and we may do it [emoji6] then this would be a non issue. I guess I could always just cash it out on last night of cruise. Sorry, just figuring this out as I type [emoji4]

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Ok, have sailed on Carnival several times and now have a question. I bought $500 worth of gift cards from Allstate and "thought" I had requested email delivery but apparently I didn't. My final payment is due on May 25 and I won't have the gift cards yet. My question is....can I remove my prepaid gratuities and then add them back on when I get the gift cards and use the GC to pay them? This will make my final payment obviously less and will then leave me about $250 OBC. If I thought we would spend $500 on board, and we may do it [emoji6] then this would be a non issue. I guess I could always just cash it out on last night of cruise. Sorry, just figuring this out as I type [emoji4]

Short answer ... yes, you can. You can remove the prepaids and then later add them back. It has been taking about 7 days or less for me to receive my gift cards in the mail (there is no email option available for these).

Awesome! Thank you! I went in yesterday and took them off and man did I feel guilty so I put them back on. [emoji23] was just scared to remove them since I didn't know if I could re add them at a later date!

Awesome! Thank you! I went in yesterday and took them off and man did I feel guilty so I put them back on. [emoji23] was just scared to remove them since I didn't know if I could re add them at a later date!

We never pre-pay the gratuities. They are always automatically added to our account once onboard. What isn't covered in OBC - or by any gift card deposited into the onboard account - is charged to our credit card which I pay shortly after our return. :)

We never pre-pay the gratuities. They are always automatically added to our account once onboard. What isn't covered in OBC - or by any gift card deposited into the onboard account - is charged to our credit card which I pay shortly after our return. :)

That makes perfect sense [emoji4] I have always just prepaid. Thank you!!