Paris on a Saturday

Markanddonna

Our cruise stop for Paris is on a Saturday. I assume it will be much more crowded on the first Saturday in May. Any advice? We have never been there and likely won't have this chance again.

Do you mean May 2018? If so, I can't see why it would be any busier than any other Saturday. The 1st May is a public holiday, but falls on a Tuesday next year.

What time can you be In Paris from the Port and when do you need to be back on? We were just there two weeks ago (May 13) and took an amazingly worthwhile guided tour of the Louvre, the Eiffel Tower (including lunch), and Notre Dame, all with transportation by boat down the Seine. It was a remarkably efficient use of the day but you need to be at the meeting point (an office near the Louvre) at 8:30 am and the tour ends around 4:00 pm. And as for the date, it may seem very crowded to you but apparently the crowds are still considered fairly "light" in early May.

Whatever you choose, I'd highly encourage some type of guided tour or excursion if this is perhaps your only chance to visit. One simply wouldn't even know where to start otherwise and there are so many iconic things to see. Whatever the cost, it's really worth it to maximize your time.