? on disembarkation for Alaska cruise tour

keep on cruising

I am going on a cruise tour with the land portion followingthe cruise. I have a question for thosewho have done this. Normally on the last night of the cruise,luggage is put out to be collected and taken to the pier or custom. Youthen retain one bag for you night clothes, toiletries and any other last minuteitems. You carry that bag off the ship.

How does this work with the cruise tour with the landportion after the cruise. I understand you mark your bags to indicate ifyou want it that night or at the end of the tour. I know youcan have a very small bag on the train with you that is smaller than a normalcarryon. What do you do with the stuff you need the last night andlast morning that you normally carry off the ship? How do you get itconnected to you other baggage that is collected the night before. Wouldour baggage be handled differently? Is there provisions to give the “JoinMe Tonight” bag to someone on the last morning?

My TA has called Princess and was not able to get a definitive answer. I'm hoping someone that has done the cruise tour after the cruise can provide the correct information

Thanks

Marge

Marge, if you are taking the train, your retained overnight bag on the ship should be the same small one you will use during the day on tour. No bigger than 17 x 14 x 4, and should contain just bare essentials; medication, minimal toiletries, documents, valuables and your nightclothes. The things you need the night before and the last morning need to be pared down to either fit in this bag or be worn off the ship.