Calling all Mexican Riviera cruisers....

A&Jfamily

Believe it or not we have humpbacks off the coast of VA about 30 minutes from my house. But they are here in the winter and being on the mid-Atlantic in January is just *^%# cold!.

We have also seen them in Alaska on a private trip in Juneau.

Just hoping to see them in warm weather. We occasionally have spotted them in March in the Caribbean but it isn't common. We "usually" have pretty good luck with our animal sightings so the zodiac might be the ticket!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

DW spends several hours a day on our Puerto Vallarta condo balcony...and she is always on the lookout for whales. Some years we will see some humpbacks nearly every day...and one neat thing about PV is that the whales come to the area to have their babies. So it used to be pretty common to see a mother and her calf frolicking in the Bay...within 1/4 mile of our Condo. But the past 2 seasons have not been real good (for whale watching) which local "experts" attributed to the unusually warm Pacific ocean water temps. When a whale comes close to shore....just about everyone stops what they are doing to watch :).

Hank

Thanks! This is just the kind of information I am looking for - that is often hard to find because it is buried on the ports of call threads...little restaurants or particular providers where posters have first hand experience.

Can anyone tell me if Cabo or PV would be better for whale watching? It sounds like Cabo? If so will they specifically do that from a sailboat (we do love our sailing!) or should we look into a zodiac?

Have been whale watching before off the coast of CA and I've not seen it done by sailboat or zodiac. They use larger vessels. Whales are very big, curious, and will come very close to your boat. The boats don't move around much in the presence of whales for the safety of the whales.