Spoiled on the Divina, a Review May 6-13 2017

razzzbere

DAY 3 OCHO RIOS

Today was my birthday so I booked a private tour with Marvyns Paradise tours for our group.

We got off the ship pretty easily and found our guide Dolton amidst the taxis at the end of the pier.

Dolton was extremely friendly and even gave me a birthday hug!

We had a nice clean van to travel in and were given cold bottles of water. We had planned to go to Dunn's River Falls first. My husband took the three kids to climb the falls and the rest of us walked up and down taking pics. Such a beautiful spot! After the climb my daughter got her hair braided and then we walked back to the parking lot via the little shopping village. So sad that they harass you so much...I would have stopped to look but the natives are like vultures and it doesn't leave a good impression at all.

We found Dolton and he took us to lunch as we were starving! We went to Scotchies Jerk Hut. Cute little outdoor restaurant. They took our orders right away, for $10 ea. we got chicken or pork jerk, rice n beans & festival bread. Beer of soda as well. Yum!! Dolton showed us the area where they cook and gave us a little history of the place.

After eating we went to the Bambu Blu beach club for some sun, swimming and cocktails. It wasn't too busy here and we had a nice time in the water.

It was almost time to go back to the ship, but we had to do some shopping! I asked Dolton if he could take us to a local grocery store instead of the typical gift shops. This is a great thing to do if you want coffee, rum, festival mix, rum cakes...without the hassle of crazy vendors...I highly recommend it!

We got back to the ship in plenty of time to jump into the pool and cool off before dinner.

We had a great time with Dolton and for $22 /person it was a bargain to have him drive us around to the sites for a stress free day. (ps. it does cost extra to get into the Falls, but you just give Dolton the money and he gets your tix, no waiting in line!)

Thank you for the recommendation for Marvyn's tours. We leave Saturday on the Divina and I just haven't been able to figure out what to do in Jamaica. I just emailed him this morning expecting it to be too late. Within 2 minutes I had a response and we're booked! And the price is amazing!

Thank you for the recommendation for Marvyn's tours. We leave Saturday on the Divina and I just haven't been able to figure out what to do in Jamaica. I just emailed him this morning expecting it to be too late. Within 2 minutes I had a response and we're booked! And the price is amazing!

You are very welcome, I found them on CC of course!🙆