Mattress Pads???

CO Nurse

Hmmmm... You are correct. It is to help with the seam between the two mattresses. I believe both of our next two cruises have the new beds. Unlike some who always complain about hard beds on Princess I am worried that the new beds will be too soft. If the bed isn't firm enough my back can get so bad it's hard to even get up or walk. I find that "pain hurts" and it isn't my friend.

Thrak,

You're going to love sleeping on the Rowboat :D.

The Captain of the Rowboat,

Tony

We were on The Grand Princess May 8-to-18 -2017 We had the new mattresses ...loved them...we also had a mattress pad....this was the first time we had really bad sheets. They were very starched and stiff to the point that the last few nights I pulled back the bottom sheet and slept on the mattress pad.

DW and I were on the Emerald Princess last week May 13-20, 2017 and they had their new luxury mattress set. The best mattress we have ever slept on at sea. No need for a mattress pad and a sheet is find with us. We have never used a mattress pad.

Paul

DW and I were on the Emerald Princess last week May 13-20, 2017 and they had their new luxury mattress set. The best mattress we have ever slept on at sea. No need for a mattress pad and a sheet is find with us. We have never used a mattress pad.

Paul

What category were you in? Do you know if all cabins had the new ones?

I noticed on the Ruby recently there were no mattress pads. Also noticed that the mattress was really dirty. (And these are the new style mattress on the Ruby for one year. Worse than no mattress pad is no duvet cover on the comforter. Two sheets top and bottom wrapped around the comforter. Sharing a comforter, those sheets came off and the exposed comforter was almost on my mouth. I asked the room steward to put a duvet on the comforter and he said no longer have any on board.

This past week was staying at a hotel and same thing, two sheets on comforter.

Yes, I read that. Also we were on Emerald when they put the new mattresses and linens. It was a sheet, the comforter, and a sheet. They way I sleep they were all over. Thank goodness we were first to have it that way. Many people were complaining about the new way with the sheets and comforter. Plus, the room stewards had a real hard time doing the rooms, as they beds were in such disarray. I bought a duvet (cheap) on Amazon. I wonder if I should bring that on the Crown or if they still have the old linens? HMMM. Anyone know?

Just remembered.... when I take my suitcases out from under the bed to pack on the last day of the cruises I have noticed plastic bags of new linen, pad and comforter for the next cruise. I think the room steward puts them in the room a day or two before to save them some prep time.

Also, I have seen on disembarkation day crew members (not room stewards) stripping the entire beds and leaving everything on the floor. I've even seen the crew members that work the pool area putting clean towels and items in the rooms to help out the room stewards. It seems to be a real team effort getting the ship ready for the next group of passengers.

The room stewards get helpers and they pay them. We were told by a room steward.

That is an excellent explanation: the room stewards pay others to help them accomplish their goal of turning over the rooms quickly. This is not an altruistic "team effort" and there is absolutely nothing the matter with that. i am sure the room stewards are evaluated on how quickly their assigned rooms are ready for the next passengers. No one is "pitching in" for the greater glory of happy Princess passengers. And again, I think whatever it takes the stewards to do their jobs is great. i also believe that is why the gratuity system is so important for so many of the employees.