Formal Nights on Current Emerald Alaska Cruise

brody013

We board the Emerald on May 28th. Will someone currently on the Emerald confirm that the 1st formal night was held last Monday and the 2nd formal night will be held on Friday. Our 7-nights itinerary is the same as the current itinerary. Thanks.

We done this cruise many times and easyboy is right formal night is Monday and Friday. Formal night isn’t really all that formal anymore. We used to get all dressed up but not any more I just wear a nice dress and my DH wears a pair of slacks, a dress shirt and tie, no more suits tuxedos. It’s not very formal on the Alaska cruises.

We done this cruise many times and easyboy is right formal night is Monday and Friday. Formal night isn’t really all that formal anymore. We used to get all dressed up but not any more I just wear a nice dress and my DH wears a pair of slacks, a dress shirt and tie, no more suits tuxedos. It’s not very formal on the Alaska cruises.

This style is becoming more popular every day as people just want a relaxing vacation without all the extra clothing that was once required.

Blame the airlines for all the extra money they make when you add suits, dress shoes, etc to your baggage and they want more money. People spend hard earned money on vacation; so the less hassle the better; and then there are men who wear a suit to work everyday(yes me); who want to relax on vacation and not have to wear suit and tie. So I will wear shirt/tie/dress slacks for dinner on Monday and Friday. Have fun out there.

I will agree that formal night isn't as formal as it use to be. Just my opinion, but my last cruise to Alaska, seemed to be the most relaxed I've ever seen people dress. We had two formal nights and saw only a handful of people really dressed up. I think people use any extra room in their suitcase for jackets, etc and maybe not so much dressy clothing.

I will agree that formal night isn't as formal as it use to be. Just my opinion, but my last cruise to Alaska, seemed to be the most relaxed I've ever seen people dress. We had two formal nights and saw only a handful of people really dressed up. I think people use any extra room in their suitcase for jackets, etc and maybe not so much dressy clothing.

So true.....