Canary Island excursion suggestions

flip8683

hell Everyone, We are booked on ther Spirit for the Dec 3rd Canary Islands out of Barcelona. we are looking for some feedback on what excursions you have done and what to avoid. We have been to Barcelona before on the Epic and loved our cruise. any tips or suggestions are appreciated. Thanks in advance flip

It would be helpful to tell people which ports you're going to, because there are lots of possible variations of this itinerary: Barcelona, Casablanca, Santa Cruz (Tenerife), Las Palmas (Gran Canaria), Funchal, Málaga, Alicante, Barcelona.

I think apart from Casablanca you can easily create your own excursion. For example Gran Canaria docks straight in centre, 15 min walk to lovely beach, there are numerous shops etc, in Funchal, great hop on off buses, plus easy walk to cable car and just buy tickets there.alicante lovely port, nice Bach, good shopping, just walk into town fromwhere ship docks, again in Malaga, easy walk into city centre, just do own research first, you can save lots of money, and create whAt you want, but I know personal choice,

We have done this cruise several times and mainly concur with the post above . We live near Malaga so please keep in mind that the ship stops in Malaga this is not Grananda . Granada is about a 90 minute drive away and most people want to visit the Alhambra, my advise is book a ships tour for this the shear distance makes not really doable on your own . Tenerife is a very diverse island with two distinct sides one very fertile the other very arid and if you haven't been before take an Island tour that takes in Mount Teide which allows enough time to take the cable car to the top ,I think the views are amazing and as for Casablanca ,we've never felt unsafe there but it's not easy to navigate on your own , the city tour including Mosque is very good, last time we took a full day trip to Rabat which was enjoyable. The ship ties up in the container port there so there's no smart terminal with Tourist Office , taxis are available just make sure you negotiate a price before getting in and they are happy to take Euros.

Edited by glynandkath

We took an excursion to Loro Parque in Tenerife and would highly reccomend it!

Funchal, Madeira and Malaga you can easily do yourself with no excursion. If you want some pics I have some in the review link in my signature (Although our itinerary was not precisely the same)