Harmony of the Seas - Kinda-LIVE - May 27th 2017 Western Caribbean

Forgot to mention, this excursion has an age limit on some cruise lines, but not Royal for whatever reason. Also because Sophie is under 5, she comes along for free, so we did not need to purchase the child ticket for her. We booked through our concierge this morning and they printed our tickets right then and there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hundreds of loungers available this morning. Seems like the majority of folks got off the ship early. Although the water slides on board are scheduled to be open 9am - 6:45pm, our experience so far has been that on port days, the "toilet bowl" slide is typically closed. I assume to save on staffing, as it requires two staff members to operate. Also a bummer on the slides is how slow they are. They have clear parts, so you can watch people go down. The majority of people seem to stop and have to "scoot" themselves along. The Abyss on the other hand is not a water slide, but goes incredibly fast. If you're a speed junky, you'll like it. Mike almost tipped out of his mat when he rode yesterday. [emoji38]

Went up to the Suite Lounge for a coffee (they have the best espresso machine) and was handed an invitation for a tour of the Bridge tomorrow. [emoji1360] Super excited! We have always wanted to check it out. Kids have to be 6 years old to participate, so Sophie will have to sit this one out. 84eee9525ca6cba0a1d02a77a78018e9.jpg

I'm starting to think the Suites experience is an all inclusive vacation!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

It feels like one. Way more than I expected. It will definitely change the way I compare suite pricing to balcony in the future. Sooo much more is included than we really thought about before. We typically get Starbucks each day for example, but as we can get espresso in the suite lounge, we've saved probably $100. It's all little things but it adds up!

I lied. I'm going to bed. Review to come tomorrow. It is WINDY tonight. Balcony door is whistling even when locked closed, and we are rocking pretty good. It's sending me to sleep. [emoji42] Lots more to come in the morning. Night all!

Ok here we go! Let's go through the rest of yesterday. We did the Fury excursion and had a great time. They picked us up right on the dock, so it was only a two minute walk from the ship. We sailed around the ship for a picture, and they gave us a safety talk (always hold the railings, if you are snorkelling you must wear a life jacket etc). Then we sailed about 5 minutes out to the reef. You could see the cruise ships from the reef which was neat for pictures.

de1689459eaf02fb4fcb7023b60c7c45.jpg

The reef was full of all sorts of fish. We saw rays, zebra fish, neat Coral formations etc. We have done several snorkel excursions and this one I saw the most fish for sure. Mike went in first, then swam back to the boat and hung out with Sophie while I swam. After about 30-40 minutes we got back on board and headed to Fury Beach.

After snorkelling, the bar opened, serving Margaritas, Beer and Soda as well as water. Music was playing and the crew were walking around making sure everyone was happy. Here is Fury Beach! Tons to do. Inflatable aqua park, kayaks, floating mats, hammocks, lounge beds all included as well as open bar. Food was available for purchase. We didn't get any, but it looked and smelled great. You could also pay extra for massages on the beach and jet ski rental. ($75 for 30 minutes for the jet ski) 629e89b8031f8018084437e51abb9f31.jpg

After 90 minutes on the beach we got back on the catamaran to more part music and headed back to the dock. It was a lot of fun, very family friendly. They even let Sophie sit on the steps at the snorkel spot and put her feet in the water, which was nice. (She could have snorkelled if she wanted, but she was too scared).

2f6c981108fcaf5ac8485cd804fe20bc.jpg

One thing I wasn't a fan of on this excursion, was the photographer. He would take pictures of everyone but when we got to the beach, they printed all the pictures. So on the journey back, they would present families with their pictures and ask for $12 per image. Luckily we guessed that might happen, so we didn't allow any pictures (much to the dismay of the photographer). So just keep in mind that if they take your picture, they will make it so that you feel guilted into the purchase. 🤷🏼*♀️

Having said that, everything else was great and I would recommend them to anyone!

When we got back to the ship it was time for dinner, so we headed to Coastal Kitchen. Here is the menu for night number six. ee388ec7200374e5384637f0be85806f.jpg

We were boring this night and ordered the exact same thing! We both got the Tomatoes & Mozzarella and then the Short Rib. Both excellent as usual! Pics to come.

ccb76e1c1cf5c341717211cfd2ab63b9.jpg

Yummy! We will seriously miss the Coastal Kitchen after tonight! The service and food have been wonderful. We didn't miss the MDR at ALL and we missed the CK he night we dined at Wonderland.

49a12469d2a164b6ef58f971afdbadde.jpg

Starbucks tastes better at sea! Started the day with breakfast in CK, I got the Full English which was amazing. Proper English bacon etc. After breakfast we headed down to Q&A with the Captain. He arrived by motorcycle. Quite the entrance. He's an entertaining guy, and the guests had some great questions. It was held in the AquaTheatre, so Sophie climbed on the kids climbing thing again for a while afterwards. Now we are off to the pool for a bit, before our Bridge Tour!

My breakfast this morning. Eggs were a little overdone. Everything else was perfection. One thing with the food that we love this cruise is that hot food comes out HOT. [emoji1360] One of my MDR complaints in the past has been cold food. Pet peeve of mine, especially meat. CK has their food temperature nailed down. 4be78783574c6ecb4a9b2fe62309e156.jpg

a4be63d41f58dd068386c1a1b535f93d.jpg

Q&A with the Captain. The stage is still set from the Hideaway Heist show. Mike and Sophie went to it when I was in the spa. They said it was a lot of fun and featured some of the acts from the Fine Line show, such as the divers and slackliners.

One of my favourite responses from the Captain... when asked by a guest why there is less movement on Harmony than Oasis... "Perhaps there were more Honeymooners on Oasis?" [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]370d0fcc9e423543365406cb74237897.jpg

Here is a fact sheet they handed out. Some pretty neat stuff on here. The food facts always fascinate me!

Just got back from our bridge tour! So cool to see all the navigation equipment and meet some of the crew up there. The view is also (understandably) spectacular. d332358700356be37a0ef48fb1813238.jpg

We were all "metal detected" before entry, and they asked us to please not push any buttons. [emoji23] Bummer because I wanted to honk the horn.

c7cfdc2610b4e7bf3ac69736351947a1.jpg

Lunch was at Mini Bites on the pool deck. They have burgers, hot dogs, fries and all the toppings for nachos or chili cheese fries. Yummy desserts too.

cfb03a145c4144d63bd962c55865ff1c.jpg

We keep bumping into the piano guy all over the ship. It's such a neat contraption. It has buttons and levers all over that make different things happen, including fart noises, applause, disco lights, there's even a drawer that pops open at kid-height full of lollipops. We ran into him again on the elevator and he was singing songs about all the places people lived who were in the elevator. It's such a fun entertaining touch.