I have MTD reservations for 6 people, trying to link more but Royal won't help me....

I am going on a cruise aboard Allure on July 2. A few weeks ago I made reservations for my party of 6. I was unable to link my aunt/uncle/cousin at the time because I did not have their reservation number. I figured I could just call Royal and have them add them on later....

I found that I could not link their reservation to ours on cruise planner, so I called Royal. The man said he did not have access to the reservations and couldn't tell me if a table for 9 was available at all. He said we would have to delete all of the reservations and then search day by day for a table for 9. He said it was "too risky" to drop the reservations and look for a new one for the entire group. He told me to wait untilwe get on the ship and to make reservations night off by walking up to the staff and saying "we would like a table for a party of 9...."

I find it hard to believe they can't help me resolve this PRIOR to boarding. I don't want to risk waiting until we are on the ship to get a table. I wanted to book entertainment and sit at the same table every night. When I emailed Royal (after phone call), they said there are limited reservations for parties of 9 remaining but to call dining. I feel like I'll get the same response though..

Has anyone run into this issue before? I think I may call again and ask them to help me more....

Edited by samb413

I ran into the same issue when I had another couple join the cruise after I had made the reservations.

Go into your aunt and uncle's reservations and book them for the same dining time as you. Then when you get onboard just go to the dining room and ask to be put at the same table. They may have someone there helping with questions the day you board in the afternoon.

Go into your aunt and uncle's reservations and just book them the same show times as you. They will have a line for reservations and all they do is scan your card.

Don't stress too much on the dining thing. They will make every effort to help you.....

I am going on a cruise aboard Allure on July 2. A few weeks ago I made reservations for my party of 6. I was unable to link my aunt/uncle/cousin at the time because I did not have their reservation number. I figured I could just call Royal and have them add them on later....

I found that I could not link their reservation to ours on cruise planner, so I called Royal. The man said he did not have access to the reservations and couldn't tell me if a table for 9 was available at all. He said we would have to delete all of the reservations and then search day by day for a table for 9. He said it was "too risky" to drop the reservations and look for a new one for the entire group. He told me to wait untilwe get on the ship and to make reservations night off by walking up to the staff and saying "we would like a table for a party of 9...."

I find it hard to believe they can't help me resolve this PRIOR to boarding. I don't want to risk waiting until we are on the ship to get a table. I wanted to book entertainment and sit at the same table every night.

Has anyone run into this issue before? I think I may call again and ask them to help me more....

I had a similar problem on X. I wanted to link my reservation of 2 with another couple. That would be 4!! It couldn't be done because we were in a group reservation and they were not. They suggested that we both make our reservations for the same time individually on line. Then we go to dinner just ask the Maitre de to seat the four of us together. It worked fine. I was skeptical but unnecessarily.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

There are not many large tables in MTD at all. I believe they are 8 tops. You will need to either book 2 reservations for your party then when arriving ask to be seated as close together as possible, keeping in mind that that very well could entail long waits or see about switching to set dining

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Yes I had that exact problem. I booked for four of us and then added the other four to all our bookings as soon as we boarded. It worked out fine but frustrating you can't do it beforehand

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Do you have your reservations linked on the reservation end of things? This tells the cruise line you are traveling together and then you should be able to make reservations for all, based on availability.