Fort Lauderdale hotel June 11 - Help?

j3000

Hi, we're a senior couple looking for a hotel 1 night (Sun. June 11) pre-cruise. Just something clean & decent in Port area OR possibly on Fort Lauderdale Beach.

Would like to keep the cost DOWN ($100 all-in range?)

Not real good with Hotwire or Priceline, but I'm wondering if anyone who is could point us to a hotel thru one of these websites? thanks!

If I were you, since rates are so good this time of year, I would book directly with the hotel. There is no need to go through a third party like Priceline or Hotwire and run the risk of ending up with a property that you might not like. I PL and HW all the time, but I always book direct if rates are already excellent. I checked for your date and the Renaissance has a rate of $107 pre-tax. It is a very nice property. It is not on the beach but it is near a water taxi stop and directly across from the cruise port.

The Holiday Inn Express is across the street and up a little and is showing a rate of $100 per night.

One thing you should be aware of when using Priceline and Hotwire, is they add on a lot of taxes and fees, so even if you see a property listed cheaply, after adding on their taxes and fees, you sometimes don't save as much as you think, especially for a one- night stay (unless you have a promo offer or a coupon to apply).

I recommend checking the Various search engines like Expedia, Kayak, et cet, to price shop, and then contact hotel directly to get their lowest price.

That way if you should need to cancel, rates are usually refundable up to 24 hours before, unlike PL and HW, where all sales are final and always non-refundable. Good luck to you.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

thanks cat ...just about to book what i think is HI Express on HW ...$106 All-in! Sound OK?

Why not book direct with Holiday Inn? It was about the same price. What if you don't get the Holiday Inn??

Is $106 with taxes? If so, that is a good rate.

Why not book direct with Holiday Inn? It was about the same price. What if you don't get the Holiday Inn??

Is $106 with taxes? If so, that is a good rate.

$106 with taxes

FWIW......just booked HIExpress direct with the hotel.

$108 total incl. all taxes. (non-refundable)

..now...where's the RAID? ...:evilsmile:

You could always walk down to Publix or CVS and buy a can of Raid. LOL. Naw, just kidding. That hotel gets pretty good reviews. You got an excellent deal.