Think we're ready to pull the Trigger on Vista - Havana Cabana

mjonis

So after talking it over, we really really like the Havana area idea on the Vista (or Horizon, but the Vista has the itinerary we want).

While the NCL one may have been good (we still will try an NCL cruise in the future, probably with family), the fact that the Jewel class ships (which we would be interested in) only have seats for like 300 people for the pool when the ship can have 3,000 or so passengers means it'll be "fun" to fight for seats and pool space, IMO. (no, don't have the over $7,000 for Haven--if we had that kind of money I'd do the Yacht Club on MSC on one of the 10-nighter cruises).

So originally I was going to book the Havana aft-view extended balcony on deck 7, but after seeing some YouTube videos, I think that we'll probably do the Havana Cabana (5210 or around that cabin) instead. Yeah, the full glass is kinda poopy, but it'll be on the side of the ship (probably able to see more things), no having to go up and down stairs to get to Havana area, bigger "balcony" area, and off to the side, so the noise shouldn't be bad for the after-hour party.

The aft-view on 7th level shouldn't be too bad for noise, but the fact it overlooks the Havana area and also that 8th floor aft-view can look down at your balcony (guess I won't be nekked on either "balcony"--haha).

We know full well that the comedy club seating will be packed and that there are poles in the theater area and that the shows wont' be near as good as MSC/NCL/RCI.

But our next cruise will definitely be NCL/RCI as my sister's family and father want to do one of those next time. (I've done RCI before and it was fine/good).

Only wish that Carnival had decent drink pricing like MSC (although it's not as bad as RCI). Having a hard time justifying the drink package at $50/day plus gratuity. On sea days I may drink 5-6 drinks (2 mimosas with breakfast). Port days we're usually out seeing things in the afternoon and whatnot.

I wanted to thank everyone for all the ideas and thoughts/feedback on the various cabins and the Vista itself. Was actually hoping that MSC Seaside would've had itinerary for 2019, to give it another try, but given that 6 months later, the Divina still has the same issues that we encountered, it's probably for the better.

We had 5216 in February. I really enjoyed the lanai and the quietness of the Havana pool area.

I had no "privacy" issues. Our neighbors used their lanais rarely.

I have the same # 5216 booked on the Horizon can't wait to be on the Lanai clear.png?emoji-cool-1690

• 2 weeks later...
We had 5216 in February. I really enjoyed the lanai and the quietness of the Havana pool area.

I had no "privacy" issues. Our neighbors used their lanais rarely.

I have a ? about the Lanai area when the Havana area is open to all the people can they access the Lanai area or how is it closed off to the public

Loved our Havana Cabin - Own deck space/ pool - will do again and again when possible -- you do not fight the crowds in the pool- amazing

I know, right? It's way cheaper than other cruise lines for booking an area where you get your own pool (MSC Yacht Club for "balcony" (suite is the only one I can see on Divina/Seaside) is super expensive and the Haven is even more so). $1850/pp plus taxes and port charges for MSC (granted, "value" wise it's not bad, compared to almost $5k for Haven).

I have a ? about the Lanai area when the Havana area is open to all the people can they access the Lanai area or how is it closed off to the public

Yes they can access it as it's open towards the pool end. They can go past your cabin and out the door towards midship. I don't think they open the midship doors at 8, they just allow everyone to go through the Havana Bar.

53d248cf166f593ce4a82fee148f9b40.jpg

Edited by firemanbobswife

Yes they can access it as it's open towards the pool end. They can go past your cabin and out the door towards midship. I don't think they open the midship doors at 8, they just allow everyone to go through the Havana Bar.

53d248cf166f593ce4a82fee148f9b40.jpg

Thanks firemanbobswife i know they can access the pool area but did not know if they could access the Lanai area, how was it when you were on the Lanai was there lots of people walking in the area or was it quiet like on the picture

Thanks firemanbobswife i know they can access the pool area but did not know if they could access the Lanai area, how was it when you were on the Lanai was there lots of people walking in the area or was it quiet like on the picture

I practically lived in Havana and I can't say as I ever really saw many people walking past except if they had a cabin there.

I had an extended Aft Balcony and thought it was fine. Never noticed anyone staring down at me. BTW, anyone on the upper decks along the side can also look down into the Havana Cabana patios where there isn' t a real roof. I didn't like the fact that you are pretty much completely visible side to side with the neighbors in the Havana Cabanas as well and that's why we didn't choose that type of cabin. I know plenty of others don't have issues with it and love them and that's fine. I just know I'm not comfortable with it. I like deck 5 for the convenience, but 7 was quiet. Next time I would be perfectly happy with a Havana Inside. We spent so much time in the Havana area itself, a balcony was totally unnecessary to me. My friend had one and I loved it.

a055edd190a2dfabcd73c2c5e240890b.jpg

During the day, only Havana folks are permitted both in the pool area and outside decks. After 7:00 pm, all are welcome. We only saw 1 family stroll by our cabin on the Repo.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I practically lived in Havana and I can't say as I ever really saw many people walking past except if they had a cabin there.

I had an extended Aft Balcony and thought it was fine. Never noticed anyone staring down at me. BTW, anyone on the upper decks along the side can also look down into the Havana Cabana patios where there isn' t a real roof. I didn't like the fact that you are pretty much completely visible side to side with the neighbors in the Havana Cabanas as well and that's why we didn't choose that type of cabin. I know plenty of others don't have issues with it and love them and that's fine. I just know I'm not comfortable with it. I like deck 5 for the convenience, but 7 was quiet. Next time I would be perfectly happy with a Havana Inside. We spent so much time in the Havana area itself, a balcony was totally unnecessary to me. My friend had one and I loved it.

a055edd190a2dfabcd73c2c5e240890b.jpg

We have a Havana Cabana on our upcoming Horizon Europe cruise so we are excited to be on the cruise and the cabin, thanks for your input.clear.png?emoji-cool-1690