1 Day in Bermuda (Carnival): What to Do w little pre-planning

JohnandKatr

We are a couple in our late 40's...coming in on Saturday, Aug 5th, 2017. Is there a tour or something we can book with minimal work figuring out bus schedules, taxi's, etc? We love beaches, the water...hate shopping more than 15 minutes, not into museums unless it's quick. I have ankle and knee issues so can't do anything super physical, although I can hike, etc.

My 3 sisters and husband and I got off the Summit, walked over to the area with the taxis and hired a Blue Flag Taxi minivan for a 5 hour tour of the island. We made stops at churches, resorts, the small drawbridge, Horseshoe Bay Beach, King's Square in St. George's, and drove around in Hamilton. It seemed like a good way to get an overall tour but we didn't stay very long at any one place.

The first time we were in Bermuda, we went to Horseshoe Bay and did not regret it. If you are there just a day, it is a must! If you like the beach plan to get off the ship around 9ish, grab a mini-shuttle for about 7$ p/p (no need anymore to take the bus and they take USD). In my opinion the food is very expensive for not that special food, so we usually opt to go back to the ship to grab a late lunch. If you have enough of the beach by 1 or 2, head back and eat on the hip. Then go back out and walk around dockyard. There is a rum cake shop, glass blowing demonstration at that shop, and a few other things. It is nice to walk around, but at least you are close to the ship.