3rd Party Excursions

AzCruis3r

Hi All! My Husband and I are new to Cruise Critic, so please forgive me if I don't post correctly.

We are taking a W. Caribbean (Hondurus/Costa Maya/Cozumel) cruise in Dec-2017 and are interested in an all inclusive beach break that has gorgeous water/beaches, alcohol and if possible, shade/comfy lounge chairs on the beach. Can anyone please recommend a third party excursion and which destination/port is best for a "Beach Break"? Also, we are interested in other options for Beach Breaks besides booking with a third party - like going directly to a resort, club, beach restaurant, etc.. Basically any advice is welcome. Thanks in advance for your help! *I will be posting this same message in our other port threads. I hope that is okay.*

I'll post here and skip your posts on the other boards:

For Costa Maya--skip the "beach break" 3rd party or ship excursions. If you want an all inclusive, more private type beach google Maya Chan or Almaplena. If you're okay with a more public beach and beach clubs that may or may not have drink/food packages but are also ala carte then just head to the malecon. Look up information on this board for Blue Kay, Tropicante, Pez Quadro, and a newer place Pitaya. All have websites as well and you can reserve loungers but there's no "admission fee". I think Pitaya and Pez Quadro will allow you to pre-purchase a drink/food package.

For Cozumel-- you need to first attempt to get a reservation at Nachi Cocum. If they are full, then look at Mr. Sanchos A.I. , Otherwise, just grab a taxi and head to Paradise Beach or further south to Playa Palancar (less crowded). Plenty of information on all of these on the Cozumel board.

For Roatan (Honduras)--you'll want to head to the West Bay beaches. Check out Bananarama, or Beachers, or Paradise Beach Club. All have websites and all have packages thjat include transportation, a big plus on the island as taxis can get expensive.

• 1 month later...

Thank you so much! I just saw this reply as I don't know how to work these forums very well. :)

I'll post here and skip your posts on the other boards:

For Costa Maya--skip the "beach break" 3rd party or ship excursions. If you want an all inclusive, more private type beach google Maya Chan or Almaplena. If you're okay with a more public beach and beach clubs that may or may not have drink/food packages but are also ala carte then just head to the malecon. Look up information on this board for Blue Kay, Tropicante, Pez Quadro, and a newer place Pitaya. All have websites as well and you can reserve loungers but there's no "admission fee". I think Pitaya and Pez Quadro will allow you to pre-purchase a drink/food package.

For Cozumel-- you need to first attempt to get a reservation at Nachi Cocum. If they are full, then look at Mr. Sanchos A.I. , Otherwise, just grab a taxi and head to Paradise Beach or further south to Playa Palancar (less crowded). Plenty of information on all of these on the Cozumel board.

For Roatan (Honduras)--you'll want to head to the West Bay beaches. Check out Bananarama, or Beachers, or Paradise Beach Club. All have websites and all have packages thjat include transportation, a big plus on the island as taxis can get expensive.

• 5 weeks later...