Best Snorkel Tour - What's your vote?

ssdiamond8

Which snorkel tour would get your vote?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Which snorkel tour would get your vote?

• CozumelCruiseExcursions.NET
    • CozumelFunExcursions.com
    • Discovery Cozumel
    • Tiger Tours

So I've been really fortunate in the past to find some amazing excursions that really stood out to me when planning my days in ports (Cool Runnings in Barbados, Adventure Antigua, Joe Know's in St Lucia, Bob Cass in St. Martin... come to mind).

I've decided to take a boat trip that takes us to snorkel at Palancar Reef, Columbia Reef, and El Cielo. However I am having a really hard time deciding on which boat trip to take in Cozumel.

I think I've narrowed it down to CozumelCruiseExcursions.net, CozumelFunExcursions.com, Discovery Cozumel, and Tiger Tours.

Which one would get your vote?

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

We ended up going with Tiger Tours. It was a fun time but apparently can get a bit wild. While there was quite a bit of time spent snorkeling I wouldn't say it was the primary focus of the tour. El Cielo was really pretty though and Tiger is a character for sure. I'd do it again for sure but I wouldn't go into it with very high expectations for the snorkeling part.

Looks like many of the ones you listed are not the tours, but tour retailers. They might work several different boat operators?

I know that I looked at a couple of the operators, such as CozumelH20, but think we have decided to do something different, as it seems much of the reef snorkeling is in deeper water reefs. Especially with my eyes, I wouldn't be able to see a thing down there!