Miami Vista Boarding

pbasciano

Two quick questions (1) what time do they normally start boarding the Vista barring any unexpected delays and (2) do they enforce the check in times at the terminal? We have FTF but we are traveling with another family that does not have FTF and have a 1:30 check in.

We got there around 11 or so and had a boarding time of 12:30 to 1. No one enforced the time while we were waiting to get on. I believe we got on the ship around 11:45 or so.

Did you have FTTF?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Did you have FTTF?

If you purchase FTTF, you will not have a check in time, and it will not show a check in time on your boarding passes. Still checking every day before our August 13th sailing on the Magic for them to open up more FTTF slots. Well worth it!

If you purchase FTTF, you will not have a check in time, and it will not show a check in time on your boarding passes. Still checking every day before our August 13th sailing on the Magic for them to open up more FTTF slots. Well worth it!

You do in fact have a check in time with FTTF and it is on your boarding pass. You need to choose one (or it will be assigned to you). However, you can arrive as early as the first time slot which for the Vista is 11:00AM.

They do enforce check in times. There is no such thing as assigned boarding times, so no, that can't be enforced. When the ship is ready, you'll get on in the proper order but there is no set time.

People who arrived before their scheduled check in time had to wait outside in the line that had their correct window. The other family in your party will need to plan to arrive close to their assigned time or will be waiting outside until it's their turn.

Right. I know check-in time is enforced unless you are Diamond, Platinum, or Suite guest, or with FTTF. FTTF is worth it.

Right. I know check-in time is enforced unless you are Diamond, Platinum, or Suite guest, or with FTTF. FTTF is worth it.

I agree FTTF is worth it. However, you still have a check in time printed on your boarding pass whether or not you're FTTF, Diamond, Platinum, or Suite.

They do enforce check in times. There is no such thing as assigned boarding times, so no, that can't be enforced. When the ship is ready, you'll get on in the proper order but there is no set time.

People who arrived before their scheduled check in time had to wait outside in the line that had their correct window. The other family in your party will need to plan to arrive close to their assigned time or will be waiting outside until it's their turn.

That was not our experience and when I booked the cruise they asked me to select a boarding time. I selected 12:30 to 1. I witnessed no enforcement of scheduled check in line personally. Not saying they don't do it. Just saying that was not our experience.

We arrived last Saturday around 12:30 and there were no lines anywhere, everyone was able to walk on no matter what level they were

This new system is a significant improvement

Sent from my iPhone

That was not our experience and when I booked the cruise they asked me to select a boarding time. I selected 12:30 to 1. I witnessed no enforcement of scheduled check in line personally. Not saying they don't do it. Just saying that was not our experience.

You were asked to select a check in time, not boarding time.

All I can tell you is that there was a line for people who's check in time wasn't the current one. I know because we were dropped off to the right, and that's where it was. They had signs for current check in window and then for later ones. We walked past a lot of people who were early and weren't being let in. Some of our party had FTTF, some did not. The non FTTF got in their line (which was the correct time), and the FTTF and my mom and I went around to the end on the left. Below is a video that someone posted on another site where she was videoing the lines. Fast forward to 4:12 and you can see the "Current Check In Window" sign and the people in the "Next Check In Window" line. There are people in yellow vests that are controlling the flow. Also note the line for the people who are early and how long it is.

https://www.facebook.com/shatima.brooks.5/videos/g.423183397796960/10153951113422175/?type=2&theater

Now, could they have started letting people in a little early once all the current check in window people went through? Possibly. I wouldn't know since I was probably getting on the ship already. But I can assure you it was enforced when we went. So it appears that there could be exceptions. I still wouldn't recommend people get there too early. If they do, then there's no reason to be upset if they are stuck outside because they don't follow directions.

Edited by firemanbobswife

You were asked to select a check in time, not boarding time.

All I can tell you is that there was a line for people who's check in time wasn't the current one. I know because we were dropped off to the right, and that's where it was. They had signs for current check in window and then for later ones. We walked past a lot of people who were early and weren't being let in. Some of our party had FTTF, some did not. The non FTTF got in their line (which was the correct time), and the FTTF and my mom and I went around to the end on the left. Below is a video that someone posted on another site where she was videoing the lines. Fast forward to 4:12 and you can see the "Current Check In Window" sign and the people in the "Next Check In Window" line. There are people in yellow vests that are controlling the flow. Also note the line for the people who are early and how long it is.

https://www.facebook.com/shatima.brooks.5/videos/g.423183397796960/10153951113422175/?type=2&theater

Now, could they have started letting people in a little early once all the current check in window people went through? Possibly. I wouldn't know since I was probably getting on the ship already. But I can assure you it was enforced when we went. So it appears that there could be exceptions. I still wouldn't recommend people get there too early. If they do, then there's no reason to be upset if they are stuck outside because they don't follow directions.

Agreed, we knew there was a chance we would get held up and were surprised when it didn't happen. So as long as folks go in with that mindset and understand they might be held up they should be good. It was a pleasant surprise! :D

Agreed, we knew there was a chance we would get held up and were surprised when it didn't happen. So as long as folks go in with that mindset and understand they might be held up they should be good. It was a pleasant surprise! :D

Glad it worked out for you [emoji4]. At least you expected the worst.

Two quick questions (1) what time do they normally start boarding the Vista barring any unexpected delays and (2) do they enforce the check in times at the terminal? We have FTF but we are traveling with another family that does not have FTF and have a 1:30 check in.

Around noon and they do enforce check in times.