Carnival Suite Perks

But suites don't get that perk.

Yes, true..... I misread that poster's comment and thought he/she must be talking about the FTTF GS line. :o I have no idea what "concierge" for a suite they may be referring to on a Carnival ship.

Yes, true..... I misread that poster's comment and thought he/she must be talking about the FTTF GS line. :o I have no idea what "concierge" for a suite they may be referring to on a Carnival ship.

Yeah for sure no Concierge on Carnival. Not sure what they're referring to, either.

• 2 months later...
It was coincidence that your cabin was ready, It's not a perk of having a suite and you shouldn't have gone through the doors if the cabins weren't ready for everyone. You should have also been denied the special GS line. I'm not saying this as an attack on you, just stating the way it is. A Suite does not get you any of those perks.

Interesting. We just got off the Dream with a large group of folks and we had all of the grand suites on one side of the ship. I had FTTF but no one else in our sailing group did and all of our grand suites were ready when we boarded. We checked with the housekeeping supervisor (as we didn't want to cause a problem, I was going to have everyone store their carryons in our suite) who was working in the area and she told us that the suites are available at the same time as the FTTF accommodations.

Not discounting the material you posted, simply sharing what we were told by a supervisor.

-germ

Interesting. We just got off the Dream with a large group of folks and we had all of the grand suites on one side of the ship. I had FTTF but no one else in our sailing group did and all of our grand suites were ready when we boarded. We checked with the housekeeping supervisor (as we didn't want to cause a problem, I was going to have everyone store their carryons in our suite) who was working in the area and she told us that the suites are available at the same time as the FTTF accommodations.

Not discounting the material you posted, simply sharing what we were told by a supervisor.

-germ

Definitely not a perk. Maybe they try and get all the Grand Suites done first on that ship, but that's not the standard across the fleet. I wish I would have taken pictures on both Glory and Vista of all the suites including the Grand ones nowhere near ready. It's impossible for the stewards to get all of the suites in that one area on top of all the FTTF/Diamond/Platinum insides ready by the time the ship starts boarding. I'll do it next time and post the pics if I remember and happen to go that way. It even says on the boarding cards on Vista that Suites are not included in having the cabin ready on embarkation.

Not discounting what you're saying, either. Maybe that Housekeeping Supervisor does it different on that ship. People shouldn't expect that going in, though as it is clearly the exception and not listed as a benefit.

:confused:

We just upgraded to an OS from a balcony due to minimal price difference. FTTF logo is showing on our luggage tags AND boarding pass.

I guess I am puzzled by the FTTF logo on the boarding pass. It should be on the luggage tags because suites do get priority luggage delivery but not the early cabin access. We're in a suite on our next Carnival cruise and the boarding passes only indicate "priority" (no FTTF) and the luggage tags show the FTTF logo. :confused: Had you purchased FTTF prior to the upgrade?

Our suites have always been ready at boarding, except this last time (it was nearly ready-- he was finishing up, so we dropped off the carry ons and went to lunch). We have never had FTTF.

Either way, you weren't invited to go to your cabin if you weren't FTTF or Diamond or Platinum. See the sign and card in post #12. Not attacking you, just stating the policy.

Basically the only thing diamond and platinum gets you in reality is free laundry.

It gets you Priority boarding, your cabin ready at embarkation, dedicated GS line, Priority tenders, Dining preference, etc. Laundry is really the only perk that I haven't used yet. I don't wash my clothes in blazing hot water so I won't send it out.

As far as what people use GS for, let's see. I've been overcharged for drinks I didn't order, had them charge my 17 year old son adult BB price instead of child's, added gift cards, paid my account in cash instead of the CC that was on file, left my sunglasses by accident on a table in Lido buffet (which they were turned in upon my second trip there), cashed out my S&S account (couldn't use the kiosk), and oh I don't know, I'm sure I'm forgetting something. I never plan on going there, but I have had to every cruise.

I guess I am puzzled by the FTTF logo on the boarding pass. It should be on the luggage tags because suites do get priority luggage delivery but not the early cabin access. We're in a suite on our next Carnival cruise and the boarding passes only indicate "priority" (no FTTF) and the luggage tags show the FTTF logo. :confused: Had you purchased FTTF prior to the upgrade?

Yes, we had purchased it, but cancelled after we upgraded. Checked our docs again and FTTF logo is still on the boarding pass. Maybe it is just a glitch and didn't go away.

The FTTF logo on your tags just means you get priority luggage. Having the FTTF logo on your sail and sign card is the real indicator. You show your card at guest services for the tender and any questions or help you need. If the logo is not on your card and you have a suite, than FTTF is not included.

I usually stay in a grand suite and purchase FTTF.

I'm seeing a lot of responses stating that suites don't include access to priority tendering but I've found this from Carnival dated April of this year.

Announced in a letter, dated April 29, Carnival added: “In tandem with this change, in addition to priority embarkation and debarkation in all ports and confirmed main dining room preference, suite guests will now receive priority tender service, complimentary in-suite bottled water and one complimentary bag of laundry per voyage, as well as an enhanced turndown service”, Carnival confirmed.

• 5 months later...
Do Suite perks include getting into the terminal before your allotted check in time? I have not been able to find that.

Yes it does. Your boarding pass will indicate "Priority" which allow you to check-in whenever you want, regardless of the check-in appointment time you picked.

• 2 weeks later...