Taking my grandsons 9 & 12 on their first cruise

we are going on the Dream January 2019 out of New Orleans. We will have 3 days at sea, 2 are back to back. I am wondering if there will be enough activities for them on board? I chose this sailing for the shorter flight, we are in Washington state, and I wanted to go to the Bahamas. they are outdoor boys but also get a little to involved with video games and electronics. I don't want them getting board and spending most of their time on electronics. Should I change to Vista or magic?

We took two of our grandkids on the Dream as well. Mind you they were 10 and 3 at the time. Both had an absolute blast! There is plenty for them to do on Sea days. Especially if you can get them to go to Camp Carnival. Our 3 year old would not go there. But you can find things for them to onboard. :):cool::)

Take them the first night to their respective clubs. They will each get a schedule of activities for the week. You can decide together each evening what they want to do the following day.

Take post it notes to leave in a designated spot each day for unexpected changes in plans.

You will all have a ball.

Make sure they go to Camp Carnival the first night. The kids all make their friends the first night, so if you show up after that, they will feel left out. We let our kids do whatever activities they wanted with Camp Carnival. The water slides are fun for their age, so is the mini-golf. Plus they will have things like dodgeball, ping pong, etc. As long as they make a few friends the first night, they will have a blast. My kids liked the sea days best while they were that age, and we went on smaller ships. They were disappointed on port days as they didn't get to see their new friends as much!