NOLA Embarkation Question

cruisemein

Real Quick question...my wife and I have priority boarding, the couple we are traveling with do not. What we are wanting to do is drop our luggage at the port early and roam the french quarter then board the ship around 2:00. Can this be done?

The problem is that the earliest time for our traveling partners embarkation time is 12:00, so can they drop off their luggage, say at 10:30 and board at, let's say 2:00? We don't want to board the ship earlier, rather visit the quarter. I would think we could just give the porter our bags and take off for the quarter and board later. Our traveling companions have never been to NOLA so they would like to walk around a bit, but not with our luggage., and every time we have cruised we have checked our luggage and waited at the port to board when they called our time to board.

No problem.

They can drop bags with the Porters early.

Suggest you take a cab to/from the Quarter to maximize visit time...it's a bit of a hike from the Cruise Terminal.

Real Quick question...my wife and I have priority boarding, the couple we are traveling with do not. What we are wanting to do is drop our luggage at the port early and roam the french quarter then board the ship around 2:00. Can this be done?

This can absolutely be done without problems. Anybody can drop their luggage with the porters at anytime they want. Check-in times have no bearing on the time you can check in luggage.

Hope you enjoy your time in downtown NOLA. NOLA is one of my favorite cities.

Suggest you take a cab to/from the Quarter to maximize visit time...it's a bit of a hike from the Cruise Terminal.

I agree, and also in going back so you can check-in preferably 90 minutes at the latest, before departure.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I again suggest, since you have priority boarding, is to check bags and go to your cabin, relax, unpack, have a welcome drink and then wait for your friends to explore the French Quarter ,it's very close

This past February we arrived at the port at about 9:30 and had to wait in a long line of cars. Not sure how early you can arrive. Checked our luggage, parked our car and went to The French Quarter. No need to take a taxi as the walk is interesting. As others have said, the porters do not care when your check-in time is. We came back to the terminal about 2:30 (sail away at 4) and we were the only passengers in the terminal. Easiest check in ever.

Lunch is much better in the French Quarter than on the ship.