Last tender time for Gozo

Fozwald

We are cruising on Westerdam in August and will be visiting Gozo (Malta) on the 18th August. The ship is scheduled to depart at 17.00, so I am wondering what time the last tender would leave for the ship.

We are wanting to do the full day quad bike tour but it finishes at 16.30 which I doubt would be sufficient time to get on board.

Has anyone done the quad bike tour before?

we've spent a month on Gozo (some photos on philatravelgirl blog) quad bikes are helpful to get around the hilly and unpaved roads to the great views around the island. we've not done the tour but does look fun

as for tender back, I'm not sure but Mgarr Harbour and Gozo is small island so if doing ship tour you should be fine. if doing a private tour, I'd confirm with vendor if you can get back earlier if needed

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We are cruising on Westerdam in August and will be visiting Gozo (Malta) on the 18th August. The ship is scheduled to depart at 17.00, so I am wondering what time the last tender would leave for the ship.

Last tender to the ship is normally 1/2 hour before sail-away is scheduled.

So, if the ship is set to leave at 5:00 PM, you should expect the last tender to be at 4:30.

I wouldn't risk that tour unless it could be shortened to build in some time to get back to the tender pier earlier.

The weather / currents around Gozo can be very changeable and have had the last tender leave early due to a change in the weather so I recommend additional time for your return. HAL will not leave you if on a HAL excursion but if a private excursion, you will need to be extra careful.

Rick Steve's practical Mediterranean Cruise Ports which encourages DIY port exploration has a precautionary section after every port describing what one might need to do if they miss their cruise departure time. Might want to just run through this as a mental exercise only, and make sure you carry your passport just in case.