Norwegian Fjords

I'm doing the Norwegian cruise 9th September 2017. I was just wondering if someone could give me some idea of how cold it is?Trying to work out what clothes I need to buy/pack.

Also wondered what wildlife I might see and if there was any chance of seeing the Northern Lights?

Thanks for the help.

It'll depend a bit how far north your cruise is going. If you are just doing the Southerly fjords (eg Olden, Andalsnes) with Stavanger & Bergen for instance, then it's not very cold at all in September. Last year in Sept we hardly needed a coat, did take a waterproof jacket with a fleece layer, not a fancy Polar expedition thing! No need for special socks, mittens, hats etc. was rather like English autumnal weather, but we were lucky & got plenty of sunshine. Certainly expect some rain.

& no for the Northern lights, much too early & too far south

Go for layers. I take a light fleece and a thin waterproof jacket, plus a waterproof hat. Weather in Norway can be very variable, even on the same day. I also take waterproof walking shoes as well. this guarantees it will be scorching :D

Think Lake District - could be wonderful, could be cold and wet. As said previously, no need for Polar equipment but if you want to be outside make sure your shoes are waterproof and consider a pair of cheap overtrousers - they make a huge difference to how comfortable you are when it rains.

It's beautiful - you'll enjoy it whatever the weather