Camp Ocean

brepri_h

Or is it Camp Carnival? IDK.

Anyway I am looking for any and all information regarding the camp for kids on board! The good and the bad. Perhaps info you can't really get straight from Carnival's website or things you've learned as you've used the services.

I am looking to book a cruise and bring my son for the first time who will be 3 and I know very little about the camp. I have read all there is to read on Carnival's website. TY!

I'm actually an alumni of Camp Ocean, the younger aged camp. I don't think it costs extra to join (though I could be wrong!). Every night, your son will get his own Fun Times (activity schedule) delivered to your cabin. He can pick and choose events he wishes to go to. They're usually things like arts and crafts, movies, games, socials, etc. They will go over this on Orientation/Embarkation Day.

Camp Carnival is for the older kids, usually tweens. Club O2 is usually teens, up to age 18. They will have different activities than the younger kids: trivia games, socials, t-shirt making, etc. They will also get their own Fun Times.

I just got off Carnival Pride, the younger kids had a "Dr. Seuss Hunt" instead of a Treasure Hunt. The kids chanted "Dr. Seuss is on the loose!" accompanied by their parents as they paraded all over the ship, looking for Dr. Seuss. They also had breakfast with their favorite Seuss characters and storytime with the characters.

Sent from my LGL22C using Forums mobile app

I'm not sure that all of the information above is correct. My five-year-old has been to Camp Ocean (formerly Camp Carnival) on five cruises. He loves it. Here are my thoughts:

• The counselors tend to be really good with kids.
  • The play equipment is somewhat limited, but they do have a lot of craft activities.
  • The theme nights often provide a lot of goodies (they had a glow party with a lot of glow bracelets one night and a pirate night another night with pirate masks). We also brought home a canvas bag and a t-shirt that my son drew on.
  • The dinners in the Lido restaurant provide an excellent opportunity for you to have a relaxing adult dinner elsewhere on the ship. They will take them to Camp Ocean after dinner.
  • On port days, they ask you to pick up your child for lunch if you are on the ship. If you are off the ship, they will feed your child. On sea days, they do not provide lunch in Camp Ocean, although they are usually open through lunchtime, providing you with some flexibility for an early or late lunch to accommodate your other activities on the ship.
  • They do show movies in the camp.
  • The camp is usually closed for an hour or two during sea days. During this time, there are often other family-oriented activities on board (like Build-a-Bear workship).
  • There are Dr. Seuss activities on board. These typically require an adult to be present. This includes the Dr. Seuss Green Eggs & Ham Brunch (food is hit or miss, I've found), the Dr. Seuss Story Time (fun once), and the Dr. Seuss parade (which will embarrass you, but your kid(s) will likely love it if they aren't over 8 or so).
  • I highly recommend pre-registering for Camp, even if you end up not using it. It makes things easier on board.
  • Even if pre-registered, go to the Camp the first night (or even before muster) to check-in. You can meet the counselors, look around, play with your child(ren), and meet some of the other kids. While you are there, you can pick up a schedule of all of the camp activities for the entire cruise. These events are not all listed in the Fun Times, so it is important to pick it up.

Camp Ocean is generally free before 10 PM. It is open from 10 PM - 1 AM for $6.75 per hour + 15% for one child. A couple of nights they have "parties," which are $15 for the entire time.

Or is it Camp Carnival? IDK.

Anyway I am looking for any and all information regarding the camp for kids on board! The good and the bad. Perhaps info you can't really get straight from Carnival's website or things you've learned as you've used the services.

I am looking to book a cruise and bring my son for the first time who will be 3 and I know very little about the camp. I have read all there is to read on Carnival's website. TY!

We have had good experiences with Camp Carnival (Ocean, whatever :)) Most (all?) of the ships have TV screens in the camp area so you can check on your little one without him or her seeing you.

There is usually an orientation/family party the first night so that you and your child can meet the counselors and have a bit of fun. There will also be a time in which you can check out the camp facilities.

My kids grew up on Carnival! My youngest started cruising at 2, and is going on her final Camp Carnival cruise. Yes, she will cruise again, but she is 17 and this will be it! She's very upset. The older two have "graduated" from Camp Carnival and miss it.

Just make sure you go to the party/meet n greet the first night. You will have a schedule for the week and can pick and choose the activities. All my kids really enjoyed Camp Carnival. Happy sailings!

It used to be called Camp Carnival. Most of the ships have upgraded the camp and it is now called Camp Ocean. It's fairly simple and it's included in the cruise unless you leave him there after 10 pm or if he attends one of the Night Owls functions or does activities with an extra fee like Build a Bear. You can sign him up when you do online check-in. You don't have to fill out the forms when you get on the ship if you do it online. On the Vista, the Camp staff had iPads so they could pull up your information quickly when you checked in. For a 3 year old, be prepared in case he doesn't like it. He may be with you the whole cruise instead of at camp. My son, started crusing with us at 1.5 years old. Whether he liked the camp and wanted to stay was pretty hit and miss until he was almost 5. He's turning 8 and it's back to hit and miss. But we had a good run between ages 5 and 7. :D