Southern Caribbean Cruise Help Needed (Breakaway vs. Dawn)

jinteso

I could use some help. Trying to decide between a Deluxe Owners Suite on the Dawn or a Forward Penthouse or Haven Spa suite on the Breakaway. I have not been on a cruise ship in 20 years. This is my retirement gift to myself. I would have to fly to either destination so that isn't a factor. They are the only 2 itineraries that I narrowed it down to. Any pros or cons of either and benefits would be helpful. I know that the Dawn does not have a Haven area or bar/restaurant. Is it true that the Deluxe Owners suites don't have balconies?

Thank you!

No comparison to the Breakaway from what I've seen and the Dawn. Just got off the Dawn this past weekend. First time on NCL. Wouldn't cruise the Dawn again. We're used to larger ships and lots to do. Rather bored on the Dawn. Need to write a review.

Breakaway is huge and full of activities. Very crowded, but the Haven is fantastic. It is literally a ship within a ship. If you want quite you can stay in the Haven area. However, if you don't like crowds and want a more relaxed cruise, I would go with Dawn. It is smaller and more personal.