Parking Port Everglades

katiel53

We will be sailing on Allure of the Seas July 9, 2017 and will be driving to the port. We are trying to decide if we should park at the port or at one of the off-site lots. I have tried searching for my answer, but I haven't been able to find the info I need.

We have a very long drive back home, so we want to get on the road home as early as possible. If we park at the port, what is the earliest time we can arrive there to park? If we park off-site, which of the lots would you recommend? Are we able to be to the off-site location by 10AM and leave shortly thereafter to get to the ship?

Some of us are flying home and we have an early flight so we will just walk off the ship and the others will get our luggage for us. I think there will be too much luggage for those driving to take theirs and ours off with self-assist. If we are off-site, are the shuttles there early if they do choose to do self assist? If only certain shuttles are there, do you know which ones?

The only other times we have driven to the port were when we lived in FL so it was a bit different. Usually I fly both ways now and use luggage express, but this time those flying have a flight leaves too early for that.

Any helpful suggestions will be appreciated. Thanks for your help.

Edited by katiel53

We will be sailing on Allure of the Seas July 9, 2017 and will be driving to the port. We are trying to decide if we should park at the port or at one of the off-site lots. I have tried searching for my answer, but I haven't been able to find the info I need.

We have a very long drive back home, so we want to get on the road home as early as possible. If we park at the port, what is the earliest time we can arrive there to park? The on-site lots/garages are always open but you probably want to arrive when disembarkation is almost complete (9:30 - 10 am). Then you will find lots of open parking spaces and the porters will have finished handling disembarkation luggage and will be concentrating on embarkation luggage. If we park off-site, which of the lots would you recommend? Are we able to be to the off-site location by 10AM and leave shortly thereafter to get to the ship?

Some of us are flying home and we have an early flight so we will just walk off the ship and the others will get our luggage for us. I think there will be too much luggage for those driving to take theirs and ours off with self-assist. If parked in a port lot/garage, the porters will take your luggage directly to your car if that helps. If we are off-site, are the shuttles there early if they do choose to do self assist? If only certain shuttles are there, do you know which ones?

The only other times we have driven to the port were when we lived in FL so it was a bit different. Usually I fly both ways now and use luggage express, but this time those flying have a flight leaves too early for that.

Any helpful suggestions will be appreciated. Thanks for your help.

See my notes above plus lots of info on Port Everglades is on the official website: http://www.porteverglades.net

We used Park & Go. Great experience. I believe I was on the road by 9:30. There web site is very informative. If you pay in advance you save almost half of the port parking. You drive in to their lot, they take your luggage and put it on the shuttle to the port, they will tell you where to meet the shuttle when you return.

When we disembarked the shuttle was there, they drive you to the lot and take you directly to your car. It was very easy. I hope this helps.

Thanks for the replies. I had been to the Port Everglades website and that's how I knew about the parking lot for my cruise. I think the family is leaning toward parking at the pier so that as soon as they get off the ship, they can get going for the ride home.

Another recommendation for Park n Go. From the moment we left the terminal building we were on the road in easily under 30 minutes, including waiting for and riding on the shuttle. Your money, but I would save the $$ and go with them. Great service and we will always use them when out of Port Everglades.

• 4 weeks later...

Another vote for park n go. They can't make it any easier. They're so friendly. We have used them 3 times. We do self disembark and are easily on the road by 8:30. Would never pay to park at the port in port Everglades.

Park at the port. Nothing beats getting off the ship and strolling right over to your car and hitting the road. Yes it cost a few bucks more but well worth not having to be at someone else's mercy!