Should I cancel excursion or wait for RCI?

Hello,

We have an August San Juan Segway tour booked through RCI that is scheduled from noon until 2 pm. We booked when the Allure departure time was 3:00 pm. I called Royal to ask if I should cancel this since we are now leaving San Juan at 2. The answer I received was to "wait- they may change the excursion time". Has anyone experienced a change in excursion time to work with a new departure time? Or does this never happen and I should just go ahead and get refunded? Thanks

It could go either way. We've had shore excursions cancelled the night before. Mostly due to lack of interest. But I'm 90% sure that the shore excursion company wouldn't want to miss out on the income. It also depends if they have another excursion planned before the one you booked.

I've read to book the earlier excursion. The tour company often has two in a day, and we've seen them leave us at lunch to go back to the pier for the second group. I remember this happening w/ two 3-4 hour tours specifically in Newport and Bar Harbor.

Hope this helps.

If it were private I would say cancel it.

Since it's an RCL excursion I'd be really surprised if they don't change the times to accommodate. Agree with the previous poster that unless you really need the money - leave it be and see what RCL does especially since you still have some time before your cruise.

Hello,

We have an August San Juan Segway tour booked through RCI that is scheduled from noon until 2 pm. We booked when the Allure departure time was 3:00 pm. I called Royal to ask if I should cancel this since we are now leaving San Juan at 2. The answer I received was to "wait- they may change the excursion time". Has anyone experienced a change in excursion time to work with a new departure time? Or does this never happen and I should just go ahead and get refunded? Thanks

Yes, we had a time change for a Royal excursion due to a time change in departure time on Allure. We received an email from Royal notifying us of the time change for the excursion. As others indicated, I would just leave it alone and wait until you hear from Royal.