Port Canaveral disembarking

AnnArbor

Going on the Magic in August. The Carnival site says back at port at 8:00. For those thst have had experience at this port is this the case usually or is the ship back earlier and disembarking starts about 8:00? Looking at flights and trying to figure out about whst time we would be off the ship

I cruised out of there only once and it was on time. I don't think Port Canaveral is one of the ports that has issues with delays. You can always use early disembark if you want to be one of the first ones off the ship.

That being said, there is no guarantee that the ship will be there exactly at 8, it should but it may be off by a little.

Thank you for the replies. So far there are 2 flights leaving Orlando to Cincinnati that are early. An 11:20 and an 11:40. The earlier one is $100 cheaper per person. Just not sure if that is doable

We have come through PC many, many times, park at the port terminal and we are usually off the ship and in our car between 8:00 and 8:30 on the road back to NC. In our experience the ship is usually docked somewhere around 7:00 easily and is ready for debarkation within the hour.

I cruised out of there only once and it was on time. I don't think Port Canaveral is one of the ports that has issues with delays. You can always use early disembark if you want to be one of the first ones off the ship.

That being said, there is no guarantee that the ship will be there exactly at 8, it should but it may be off by a little.

When you say early disembark, is that the same as self assist where you carry your own luggage off? Do you have to "sign up" for it or just grab your bags and go?

I think it was due to the captain's vacation beginning, but last month on Magic we did self-assist and walked off the ship at 6:25!

If you are trying to make an early flight, I would recommend doing self-assist. You have your baggage and can be on your way much faster. Do you have transportation arranged?

Port Canaveral has always been an easy port for us because there really aren't problems with late arrival.

I think it was due to the captain's vacation beginning, but last month on Magic we did self-assist and walked off the ship at 6:25!

If you are trying to make an early flight, I would recommend doing self-assist. You have your baggage and can be on your way much faster. Do you have transportation arranged?

Port Canaveral has always been an easy port for us because there really aren't problems with late arrival.

No transportation arranged yet. Looking at some private services instead of goportcanaveral. Thought a private service could get us there quicker. Also, there is a RC ship disembarking that morning and 3 Carnival ships. How crazy will the traffic be?

We were on the same cruise and yes I think it was because the captain was going on vacation. We were in the parking lot at 6:25.

No transportation arranged yet. Looking at some private services instead of goportcanaveral. Thought a private service could get us there quicker. Also, there is a RC ship disembarking that morning and 3 Carnival ships. How crazy will the traffic be?

If you are off early it shouldn't be terrible. RCL had already docked and Carnival Liberty was pulling in about 6:30. Shuttles were everywhere, but not at the Magic as this seemed to be unexpected. DH called the hotel and the shuttle arrived in probably 10 or 15 minutes. We were in our car and on the road at 7:15.

Our last two out of PC we had FTTF and were in our car and on the road by 7am. Worst part was we had to meet to disembark at 5:45am, but it is really worth it.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

So, FTTF also gets you off the ship early when you get back?