CURRENT policy on bringing bottled water aboard Regal Princess

Knoxvegas

Most convenient option is to preorder your water and it will be in your cabin when you board. $6.80 for a 12-pack, and it sure beats having to lug it on. Been there, done that.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Most convenient option is to preorder your water and it will be in your cabin when you board. $6.80 for a 12-pack, and it sure beats having to lug it on. Been there, done that.

How about just filling a bottle from your cabin faucet?

For a low cost of $6.80 we'll just go for the convenience of ordering a 12 pack. Otherwise, we do as you suggested. I have found it a bit of a hassle to try to refill a 500 mm bottle from the low faucet typically found on cruise ships. And refilling them in the buffet area is even more of a hassle.

How about our family needs SEVERAL bottles of water during the day while on excursions in countries whose tap waters aren't safe to drink? Would you feel comfortable drinking unfiltered tap water in Mexico? Apparently you've never experienced an illness due to drinking contaminated water.

How about our family needs SEVERAL bottles of water during the day while on excursions in countries whose tap waters aren't safe to drink? Would you feel comfortable drinking unfiltered tap water in Mexico? Apparently you've never experienced an illness due to drinking contaminated water.

Just because the ship is in an unsafe water port the ship water comes from the sea and is desalinated - however you can lug several cases of water if you want or buy bottled water from Princess

]Just because the ship is in an unsafe water port the ship water comes from the sea and is desalinated [/color]- however you can lug several cases of water if you want or buy bottled water from Princess

Not all of it. They buy water at almost every port. It's much cheaper then making it from sea water.

Not all of it. They buy water at almost every port. It's much cheaper then making it from sea water.

I know that - however, if they buy water in Mexico or another bad water port, the entire ship water supply would be contaminated - the water is used for drinking, cooking, etc - so everyone on the ship would have Montezumas revenge

They get water from port facilities only if the water has been tested at the fixture they would be connecting to. There are strict regulations as to what is allowed to come on board, and the source must be certified. Not any water source is used.

They get water from port facilities only if the water has been tested at the fixture they would be connecting to. There are strict regulations as to what is allowed to come on board, and the source must be certified. Not any water source is used.

I'm sure it's confirmed before any purchase, anywhere.

I've never seen then loading water in Mexico.

As I mentioned we have been drinking the ships water for 506 cruises and are still alive - they also cook with the same water and serve you the same water in the dining room - however I will concede and promote the bringing of your own water aboard or buying it on the ship - better be safe than sorry

Just because the ship is in an unsafe water port the ship water comes from the sea and is desalinated - however you can lug several cases of water if you want or buy bottled water from Princess

Did you even read what I wrote? I said Excursions. How is one supposed to drink from the ship's tap while ashore?

OMG

What a lot of people don't seem to want to understand here is that some people, for reasons of their own, prefer to drink bottled water instead of ship's water. They very likely drink bottled water, in one form or another, at home also. Why? Who cares?? It is their choice, whatever the reason, be it health, taste or the color of the label, it is their choice and their's alone. Explaining to them why drinking ship's water is better, cheaper, healthier or in some other way a better choice is irrelevant. The original question was what the current policy is has been answered long ago.

Tom

By refiling your bottle from the spigot in the Horizon and taking it with you. ;)

But we each need at least three bottles for a full day excursion, and a refillable bottle would leak all over my tote bag. Also, it is much easier to pack sealed bottles into my tote as opposed to having to make a special trip to the Horizon Court, which is at the back of the ship, when our cabin in all the way at the front of the ship in the 200s

But we each need at least three bottles for a full day excursion, and a refillable bottle would leak all over my tote bag. Also, it is much easier to pack sealed bottles into my tote as opposed to having to make a special trip to the Horizon Court, which is at the back of the ship, when our cabin in all the way at the front of the ship in the 200s

Why not just bring a half dozen bottles with you from home & refill those in the Horizon as you use them? :confused:

What a lot of people don't seem to want to understand here is that some people, for reasons of their own, prefer to drink bottled water instead of ship's water. They very likely drink bottled water, in one form or another, at home also. Why? Who cares?? It is their choice, whatever the reason, be it health, taste or the color of the label, it is their choice and their's alone. Explaining to them why drinking ship's water is better, cheaper, healthier or in some other way a better choice is irrelevant. The original question was what the current policy is has been answered long ago.

Tom

Exactly.

To recap: yes, Princess allows you to bring your own water onboard. They also offer water packages for$6.90 12-pack of water which can be preordered, and it will be in your cabin upon boarding OR a voucher will be in you cabin, which you will redeem with room service.

Beats toting on your own water.