Decent jogging track and walking deck?

clementine01

On the Getaway and Escape . . .

Is there a deck (by the water) that is good for walking outside with a few lounge chairs "here and there" for relaxing and reading a book?

Also, what about a jogging trail on the Getaway and the Escape?

I cannot find these by looking at the deck plans.

Thanks for any comments

On the Escape, we enjoyed walking on the Waterfront, and there are chairs and couches available. We were on a Spring Break cruise, so full, yet there always seemed to be space available.

The running/jogging track on the Escape is very small; lots of circles to get your miles in. It is on Deck 17, Aft (around the ropes course, slides, and in front of Margaritaville). Best advice, get out there early, before chairs are put out for day (my husband was out by 5:30 every morning).

The Waterfront on both ships is good for "just walking". Right above the water. Easy access to bars in case you get thirsty while walking. There are some sofas and chairs along the waterfront. You can also use the dining tables from the outdoors restaurants to sit and read or just watch the people and water.

The running track starts at Margaritaville on both ships (different deck numbers) and makes a small circle. It would annoy a true runner since there are a lot of people walking with their coffee, enjoying the sunshine. The treadmills in the gym are probably better for a hardcore runner.

I did some research for my upcoming cruise on the Getaway and from what I have discovered, it is an 1/8 mile track, and there are one or two places where this narrow track even gets narrower. From one person's comment I read, once passengers begin to go about the ship, they could not get in a good run.

I have a few challenges coming up right after the cruise and want to continue with my training, even on vacation. Although running on a track is optimal, running on a treadmill with an incline will have to suffice.