Underground river and 5th avenue shopping or Sting Ray Beach?

We just returned from Cozumel and went to the Amazing Secret River. It was actually my 2nd time there and wanted my husband to experience it. We were not disappointed. We love caves and these are some of the best in the world for formations. The water is clear fresh water and is about 72 degrees, They outfit everyone with a wetsuit, life jacket, helmet with light, and water shoes (if you don't have your own). A shower is mandatory before entering the caves to reduce the contamination. There was a brief Mayan ceremony along the short hike to the "Underworld".

I think the tour was about an hour and a half. Small groups are taken to different areas of the caves and the guides are very informative about the Mayan history as well as the variety of cave formations. We spotted tiny shrimp and a small catfish, a cave spider, and some bat guano.

Afterwards, we had a toast with a local anise/honey liqueur called Xtabentun which was delicious. They show you the pictures taken by their photographer. $25 for 1 or $99 for all on a CD (no pressure). You're not allowed to bring your own camera into the cave. They provide locked lockers for your stuff. Lunch is nice buffet. There is time to relax before returning to the shopping area via van.

We did not do the excursion that included the shopping, but there was plenty of time for that while waiting for the assembly to return on the ferry.

I've not done the Sting Rays in Cozumel, but the one in Grand Cayman was lots of fun.

Hope this helps.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10213731272014739&l=099475f3a1

We love the Amazing River much better than the Sting Ray. The Sting Ray is cool, but if we have to choose one, it would be the Amazing River. The worst part on the Amazing River is the vomit comet ride (ferry) to the main land. Good thing I got my seasick watch with me all the time. Didn't need it on the cruise (it was a smooth ride) but without it on the vomit comet I would have used up a few of those sick bags the crews were handing out left and right.