Warning for Those Disembarking in Copenhagen

So will there be cabs as soon as the doors open....we have an early flight also.....
Hi there, I would be interested in any info you can give me on airport transfers on the return to Copenhagen. What times they run and prices? We have an early flight back 10:50 so trying to decide if waiting and booking an NCL transfer or book a van for us to meet us on arrival at the port. Any info welcome

We just got off the ship & are sitting at CPH now. We have a 10am Lufthansa flight with a layover intra Europe so no customs just yet.

It's true that there are very few taxis at the terminal; <10 = 3 vans & maybe 5 or so cars at 7am.

Self walk off people were able to leave the ship I saw as early as 6:45am and be picked up by private transfer or one of the few taxis. Not knowing the transportation situation, we booked the NCL transfer while on the ship (they push this option hard with literature each day) at $30 per person. We arrived in the atrium at 6:45am, were permitted to get off at 7am, and we got the first bus to the airport which arrived at 7:50am.

After a bit of a check in debacle, we were sitting at our gate by 9.

Thank You for the info! I hired a minibus but they have not contacted me yet. It's good to know that if I need to, I can get a few taxis. I refuse to pay $30pp to NCL for a large group! It used to be a more reasonable $25pp, however everything has gone up.

• 4 weeks later...

We disembarked a few weeks ago. Taxis were few and far between for about 10 minutes then lots arrived. Our taxi driver said the call had gone out to them that people were waiting. I had emailed a taxi company before we went on our cruise and he gave me a number to ring if none appeared. It is 35 35 35 35.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We just got off the ship & are sitting at CPH now. We have a 10am Lufthansa flight with a layover intra Europe so no customs just yet.

It's true that there are very few taxis at the terminal; <10 = 3 vans & maybe 5 or so cars at 7am.

Self walk off people were able to leave the ship I saw as early as 6:45am and be picked up by private transfer or one of the few taxis. Not knowing the transportation situation, we booked the NCL transfer while on the ship (they push this option hard with literature each day) at $30 per person. We arrived in the atrium at 6:45am, were permitted to get off at 7am, and we got the first bus to the airport which arrived at 7:50am.

I'll be getting off the NCL Getaway on Oct 7. We will have 4 adults and a 3 year old, plus luggage. My flight is at 11:10AM. I was originally thinking about doing a self disembark and wait for a taxi minivan, but some of the recent reports about long lines and lack of taxi is making me nervous.

Can you comment on how the NCL transfers worked? I thought they don't/won't sell you the transfer option if your flight was before 12:30PM, What about luggage? Did you have to haul everything off the ship yourself to make sure you got on one of the earlier bus? I thought I read somewhere by a prev poster that the NCL buses also only did drop off at 1 terminal at the airport, and if your flight was at a different terminal, you just had to walk it.

Sorry for all the questions. TIA for any insight you can offer.

I'll be getting off the NCL Getaway on Oct 7. We will have 4 adults and a 3 year old, plus luggage. My flight is at 11:10AM. I was originally thinking about doing a self disembark and wait for a taxi minivan, but some of the recent reports about long lines and lack of taxi is making me nervous.

Can you comment on how the NCL transfers worked? I thought they don't/won't sell you the transfer option if your flight was before 12:30PM, What about luggage? Did you have to haul everything off the ship yourself to make sure you got on one of the earlier bus? I thought I read somewhere by a prev poster that the NCL buses also only did drop off at 1 terminal at the airport, and if your flight was at a different terminal, you just had to walk it.

Sorry for all the questions. TIA for any insight you can offer.

I was told, if you had a flight before 12:30, NCL will not allow you to book a transfer, with them. I walked off the Getaway at 7:00 and went to the Taxi line. There was no one waiting and we got a taxi van, to the airport. We paid about $70-75 and were at the airport by 8:00. It was a Tuesday and I was shocked at how quickly it all went.

• 2 weeks later...

I was on the Getaway in June and there was a bus that left in time for your departure. We had a 12:20 flight and they suggested the first bus but it was way too early and we took the next one. We still made it to the airport using the second bus with 2.5 hours to spare.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was on the Getaway in June and there was a bus that left in time for your departure. We had a 12:20 flight and they suggested the first bus but it was way too early and we took the next one. We still made it to the airport using the second bus with 2.5 hours to spare.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nt13, if you don't mind, would it be possible for you to elaborate a little bit more on the timeline? I have never been on NCL before and am not familiar with their transfer protocol.

From what I have gathered from other posters:

-Book transfer on the ship and choose departure bus time: Earliest is at 7AM? (arrive at airport around 8AM?)

-Leave luggage out night before for pick up.

-Arrive at airport and pick up luggage under big white tent and walk over to whatever terminal on your own?

Does this sound sort of right? I got a 3 year old toddler, a stroller and lots of luggage and trying to make a 11:10AM flight. Trying to figure out if NCL transfer or taxi is better option. Thank you.

Glide Path: NCL probably will not allow you to book the transfer because your departure time is before noon. Call or look for the time NCL has stated, I believe your departure must be noon or later. Please check it!

Thank you, that is exactly what I'm trying to do. NCL on the phone says anything before 12:30 PM is a "NO transfer for you". But I have read from several other posters stating that they were able to book the transfer on the ship (?)

Argh! I just changed my flight to 1:45pm from 10:10am. I was reading on another CC forum that I would miss my flight, even if was one of the first to leave the NCL a getaway on Oct 7th.

• 3 weeks later...

Here's another data point (I'd been following this thread avidly before our recent cruise) -

Three of us (and four suitcases, yikes) disembarked from Regal Princess at Oceankaj (C331) on Tuesday, August 29. When we packed the fourth suitcase I decided that a taxi to the airport was the best choice after disembarkation (previously I'd been on the fence between taxi and bus+train).

For info, according to cruisett.com Regal was the only ship expected at Oceankaj that day; she arrived on time at 5:00 AM. Other ships were due (1) later that morning and (2) at other Copenhagen ports.

We walked off at ~6:00AM and followed signs for TAXI. There was no line (as passenger groups arrived from the terminal a dispatcher directed each to a cab; we saw a cab departing with passengers as we walked out, and there were several cabs waiting). The dispatcher pointed us toward a minivan - I verified that the driver would accept credit card payment and we drove off.

We encountered very little traffic and I think we were at the airport by 6:45 or so - well in advance of our 10:25 flight departure. (By the way, we were able to check in and print boarding passes at the SAS kiosk when we arrived, and also use the bag drop ~3.5h before the flight - from time to time in Europe we've been unable to check in / drop bags until 2 hours before the flight.)

I know there are a lot of cruisers worried about not finding a taxi, however, like you, we found 2 taxi vans without a problem.

When you are a group of at least 3-4 people, I don't understand why they would attempt the train & bus, when a taxi is so much easier. I've heard of families with strollers & babies, taking the bus & train to save a few bucks.

We will be disembarking in CPH on May 10th ( Regal Princess ) - our flight to Frankfurt is at 6:55 PM....any suggestions on what we can do from the time of leaving the ship to going to the airport. We will have 4 suitcases with us....is there a transfer/tour service?

thanks,

eclue:)

I know there are a lot of cruisers worried about not finding a taxi, however, like you, we found 2 taxi vans without a problem.

When you are a group of at least 3-4 people, I don't understand why they would attempt the train & bus, when a taxi is so much easier. I've heard of families with strollers & babies, taking the bus & train to save a few bucks.

Thanks, TravelingAPor; agreed. And I should have mentioned the taxi fare, which was exactly 400kr. Money well spent IMO.

We will be disembarking in CPH on May 10th ( Regal Princess ) - our flight to Frankfurt is at 6:55 PM....any suggestions on what we can do from the time of leaving the ship to going to the airport. We will have 4 suitcases with us....is there a transfer/tour service?

thanks,

eclue:)

Don't know about Princess. However, NCL has an excursion of CPH where they will take your luggage and give you a tour of the city and then drop you off, at the airport, a few hours later. If I had know Delta would be delayed for almost 4 hours, I could have taken this excursion. Our flight was too early and NCL would not allow us to take the excursion.

Don't know about Princess. However, NCL has an excursion of CPH where they will take your luggage and give you a tour of the city and then drop you off, at the airport, a few hours later. If I had know Delta would be delayed for almost 4 hours, I could have taken this excursion. Our flight was too early and NCL would not allow us to take the excursion.

Thanks for the info. I checked the old shore excursions for Princess ( the ones for this cruise won't be out until late Dec.) and there is a disembarkation tour and drop at the airport only for flights after 5:30pm - that is perfect for us.

We do not usually do ship transfers or tours - glad you mentioned this. Problem solved.

eclue:cool:

Just got back to NY after our Getaway cruise. Just to share what we did:

We started the cruise with 4 luggages and ended with 5:') I had prebooked Air Luggage in advance to take out bags to the airport. A few days before the cruise ended, I emailed them to add 1 more to the haul which was not a problem. Upon disembarking at 9AM, there wasn't a person waiting at the cruise terminal like the instructions said but I walked around and saw the van parked along side the terminal. I knocked on the window, gave him our bags and we were on our way.

Our flight was at 5:45pm so we chose to hop on the 25/27 bus by Unicef (tickets can be purchased at the visitor info desk which looks like 2 shipping containers). The bus came, we asked the driver where to get off to hop on the train to the central terminal.. he said Osterport St. even though everyone here says Norrenport. I listened to him anyway and got off at Osterport St which was a metro stop. I somehow figured out what metro to take by looking at the ending stops and off we were in central station 10 min later.

Now, we left at 9AM and there was a huge line for taxis with not many taxis waiting. There are a few options for people to get to central station

1. Book NCL transfer at $15pp but you bring your luggage with you.

2. Taxis

3. Air Luggage + 25/27

4. HOHO which had a few buses waiting

5. There was another charter bus at the terminal with a banner on the window advertising a trip to central station for I think $8/pp. When this bus filled out, another took its place.

• 2 months later...
btw if you stay at Marriott, AC Hotel Bella Sky or Crowne Plaza you could use their shuttlebus to and from the pier.

YAY!!!!!!!!!! Looking at staying at AC Hotel Bella Sky ~ nice to know they have a shuttle to the pier.........do they happen to pick up at the airport as well? Is the location near any of the touristy stuff (planning to come in for a 2 night stay). Thanks so much!

• 3 weeks later...