Funpoints Mastercard Cruise Cash Bar: How is it delivered?

frayedend

I redeemed some points for bar cruise cash. I thought it said they would apply it to my account on the ship. So when it asked the date I wanted it I put the first day of my cruise. Now online it looks like they may be sending me a gift card or something? Not really sure. I called and the rep told me it would be delivered to the ship. But she really didn't sound sure and I don't have a lot of confidence.

Since I'm sure some of you have done this I figured I'd ask here to set my mind at ease.

We buy cruise cash for every cruise and they always apply it to our account on the ship. It may be late in the day if you chose the first day. Take your email receipt on the cruise in case there is a problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We buy cruise cash for every cruise and they always apply it to our account on the ship. It may be late in the day if you chose the first day. Take your email receipt on the cruise in case there is a problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Good to know. But to clarify this was points redeemed through the Barclay Card website, not from Carnival.

Good to know. But to clarify this was points redeemed through the Barclay Card website, not from Carnival.

What Mosaic Mom said still applies, it will be applied to your account automatically. They take your home address just for verification/credit card purposes, nothing will get sent to your house. I agree with the suggestion to bring your email confirmation just in case. I just did Barclay's rewards for my cruise in April and everything went smoothly, and I just redeemed more for my upcoming November cruise. I saw the Cruise Cash OBC listed on the first day on my account on the tv, pretty sure.

On all of the cruises we've been on through Carnival, ours was also applied to our sail and sign card, however, we still also always received a copy of the "gift card" in our mailbox outside our cabin door, upon our arrival. Hope this helps too! :) But, just FYI for future reference - you can NOT add anything using your Fun Points less than 15 days out from your cruise. We learned this the hard way last week when we booked a last minute cruise that was less than 6 days out. Bummer but I will just use them all towards our 20th anniversary cruise in September instead. :) Happy Sailing! :)

On all of the cruises we've been on through Carnival, ours was also applied to our sail and sign card, however, we still also always received a copy of the "gift card" in our mailbox outside our cabin door, upon our arrival. Hope this helps too! :) But, just FYI for future reference - you can NOT add anything using your Fun Points less than 15 days out from your cruise. We learned this the hard way last week when we booked a last minute cruise that was less than 6 days out. Bummer but I will just use them all towards our 20th anniversary cruise in September instead. :) Happy Sailing! :)

Thanks for the heads-up on the 15 days. We cruise in 30...just now added some cruise bar cash with 15 days to spare! ;p

I redeemed mine months ago. One day it just appeared under the "details" on my Carnival cruise management page on their website. But it showed as being delivered the 2nd day of the cruise. I called Carnival and the guy said it was because I was sailing out of Texas and their liquor laws. A couple of weeks later it was not showing on the details page, and has shown up since. I called my Carnival travel planner and she shows it on her system. So, I guess I will find out whether I have some bar cash when I get onboard.