Escape Review -- June 3, 2017

mdsgu

Rebel Yell crew is great.... It was a smooth ride, and they pulled up to the beach and you hop out. My mother in-law is a non swimmer and was super nervous, they made her comfortable.

But if you can find a private charter, do it. We went last November, this had to be my favorite stop of any. Great beach, quite, great drinks, clear water. Only negative was that we were not there long enough. I we end up doing eastern again, going to book a private charter so we can spend all day there.

I think it was called Escape to Jost van Dyke. It was through NCL, and it was on the Rebel Yell. The ride there is 20-30 minutes. For a catamaran, it's not too rough.

Your site is very helpful. Thanks for taking the time to make it. I will be on the Escape August 5th and I am counting down the days.

We are also on the Aug 5 cruise. Hope to meet you at the M & G.

even with 3, can u repeat a resturant ? I really need to see menus, we are very picky eaters, we are not fancy food eaters,, plain is more our style, steak, italian food,, def. not moderno or french food or even the byamo place ( not for us )

Moderno is a Brazilian Steakhouse. I would think it would be perfect for you if you like steak and chicken. You can get whatever meat you want and as much of it as you want.

We did the March 25 cruise. I created a reference page for the Meet & Greet. That site has menus, dailies, and beverage list.

https://sites.google.com/view/march-25-escape

Thank you so much for putting all this wonderful information together. Question, are the menus up to date. Why I ask they said their isn't lobster anymore on the menus in the specialty dinning venues. In some of the menus you have listed such as Cagney's reads steak & lobster (surf&turf). Supposably they changed it to steak & shrimp. I am a lobster fan and I am hopping the menus you listed are indeed new.

Edited by TxWendy

You mentioned struggling to figure out where to go upon arrival to the port. Any advice on what to look for when we get there?

Your edocs will specify which terminal you need to be in. There are signs pointing the way, but they are hanging from the catwalk ceiling and aren't that noticeable. Your cab will probably just pull in the first spot they find and unload your bags to the porters. While tipping the porter, ask him which way to your specified terminal.

Thank you so much for putting all this wonderful information together. Question, are the menus up to date. Why I ask they said their isn't lobster anymore on the menus in the specialty dinning venues. In some of the menus you have listed such as Cagney's reads steak & lobster (surf&turf). supposably they changed it to steak & shrimp. I am a lobster fan and I am hopping the menus you listed are indeed new.

There is no lobster, except little bits and pieces in the lobster bisque at Cagney's.

Thank you so much for putting all this wonderful information together. Question, are the menus up to date. Why I ask they said their isn't lobster anymore on the menus in the specialty dinning venues. In some of the menus you have listed such as Cagney's reads steak & lobster (surf&turf). Supposably they changed it to steak & shrimp. I am a lobster fan and I am hopping the menus you listed are indeed new.

Yes this was changed to Steak and shrimp. The menus that I posted were the most current available prior to our March 25 cruise. There were some changes made just prior to our cruise. I haven't gone back to add anything except the dailies are copies from the March 25 cruise.

There is no lobster, except little bits and pieces in the lobster bisque at Cagney's.

Yes this was changed to Steak and shrimp. The menus that I posted were the most current available prior to our March 25 cruise. There were some changes made just prior to our cruise. I haven't gone back to add anything except the dailies are copies from the March 25 cruise.

Thank you ladies for you replies. So sad it seems they keep taking things away and upping the price on everything else.:(

Rebel Yell crew is great.... It was a smooth ride, and they pulled up to the beach and you hop out. My mother in-law is a non swimmer and was super nervous, they made her comfortable.

But if you can find a private charter, do it. We went last November, this had to be my favorite stop of any. Great beach, quite, great drinks, clear water. Only negative was that we were not there long enough. I we end up doing eastern again, going to book a private charter so we can spend all day there.

Thanks for the info! I can't wait :)

We are flying into Fort Lauderdale the night before and staying at a Marriot - what's my best way to get from the hotel (Saturday morning) to the boat??

Ask them to call a cab for you. 10 minute ride from Marriott Biscayne Bay. At this Marriott, they do have a shuttle service to the port, but it only runs at 11am and noon. If you wish to get to the port earlier -- as we did -- just grab a cab.

Ask them to call a cab for you. 10 minute ride from Marriott Biscayne Bay. At this Marriott, they do have a shuttle service to the port, but it only runs at 11am and noon. If you wish to get to the port earlier -- as we did -- just grab a cab.

We are flying into Fort Lauderdale not MIAMI. So Saturday morning we have to get from the hotel in FL to the port....???

I also have the food and bev package,, my question besides the buffet and MDR ,, where can u eat, that you don't have to pay ?

I was on the Escape the same week. O Sheehan's is free and has great burgers. The dinners were not bad also

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We are flying into Fort Lauderdale not MIAMI. So Saturday morning we have to get from the hotel in FL to the port....???

I had seen thru NCL they offer a motor coach shuttle from FL to the port in MIA? There is a fee maybe call them to find out details

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Yes, we flew into FLL on Southwest. It was a 30 minute ride to the Marriott Biscayne Bay, and, then, on Saturday, it was a 10 minute ride to the port. If you are staying in FLL, your best bet is either to get a taxi and plan on a 30 minute ride, or try to hire private transport (I just use Google). Uber might work, too!

Yes, we flew into FLL on Southwest. It was a 30 minute ride to the Marriott Biscayne Bay, and, then, on Saturday, it was a 10 minute ride to the port. If you are staying in FLL, your best bet is either to get a taxi and plan on a 30 minute ride, or try to hire private transport (I just use Google). Uber might work, too!

We land late Friday night so we will most likely just crash in FLL for the night... THANK YOU

I got the email from NCL about the "how was your cruise?" survey. Rather lengthy survey, but towards the end was the question "Have you ever heard of a site called Cruise Critic?" I thought that was interesting. If you answer it yes, they want to know if you have or plan on posting any reviews.