Using OBC before sailing

jerseygirl3

I understand that OBC offered by Celebrity is available for use before you sail. Can someone tell me where on your reservation you can see the amount offered and how to use it?

Good Afternoon jerseygirl,

If you go to 'My Reservation' and click on that, you will see a link that says 'Explore Cruise Planner', click on that. That will take you to the shore excursion page, but more importantly in the top right of that page you will see your OBC amount. As you go thru with your process on any excursion (or dining packages), when you checkout, it will give you a choice to pay with CC or OBC.

Hope this helps,

Andy

I understand that OBC offered by Celebrity is available for use before you sail. Can someone tell me where on your reservation you can see the amount offered and how to use it?

I've not found our perks on the reservation details that are now available to see online (this just has our names and dining arrangements (e.g. Select or Traditional)). In our experience on Celebrity, we only see the perks on the originally booked invoice. However, if you log on to your Celebrity account, then go to your reservations, then choose "manage reservation" for your booked cruise, THEN select Cruise Planner, your OBC should come up in a little box with the notice that you can use it to purchase the various add ons prior to your cruise. Hope this helps.

It's not totally clear how to apply the OBC when you are ready to make a purchase. You have to go through several steps: First, over on the left, look for a little credit box to toggle ON; then, under that box, look for a slider. Slide it to the right until you get to the amount of the OBC you want to use. Then, click the "apply credit" button.

Good luck!

I just used my onboard credit within the last two weeks and the process was as easy as the description above.

Thanks for all the info. I had to call Celebrity to get it done because they were having issues with their website. Although I found my OBC, it would not allow me to use it. So they took care of it over the phone. Upgraded a classic beverage perk to a premium for our 3/2/18 Reflection sailing.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thanks for all the info. I had to call Celebrity to get it done because they were having issues with their website. Although I found my OBC, it would not allow me to use it. So they took care of it over the phone. Upgraded a classic beverage perk to a premium for our 3/2/18 Reflection sailing.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Glad to read you have had it taken care of!

Durning the sale last week we used ours to cover 2, 9 day speciality dining pkgs. When we went to ck out, it asked if we want to apply our OBC, then how much. Had to put $18 on the Celebrity Visa to complete the purschase.

I have on board credit and it certainly came up when I booked some excursions. Unfortunately despite telling me I could use the credit it wouldn't let me book unless I used a credit card. Obviously one of the many IT glitches

• 3 weeks later...
I have on board credit and it certainly came up when I booked some excursions. Unfortunately despite telling me I could use the credit it wouldn't let me book unless I used a credit card. Obviously one of the many IT glitches

I tried today and the same thing....slide the toggle...clicked apply credit....and it won't let me go further without credit card info...and final checkout page seems to indicate it would charge my credit card since no indication of a reduction in OBC available.

uggghhh

I had. SAme thing happen.

I played with it and eventually it allowed me to use OBC to pay for excursion.

Yes, I did get a confirmation email to inform that it was deducted from OBC and I did get confirmation number, I can't tell you exactly what I did.

Has been working well for me....so well I used up all my credits down to last $13 or so....and after the toggle,did you enter specific $ amount of credit you are using to pay for specific shore excursion (or whatever)? It looks like amount you are using should be assumed as price of item you've selected, but it needs to be told. Best of luck. When it works, it really facilitates purchases. And, I had no problem canceling and rebooking, and seeing total amount instantly restored to my onboard credit $$$.

Sent from my iPad using Forums