MSC newbie, Aurea vs YC vs large suite

stoneman56

We are planning our first MSC cruise for June/July next year. Black with status match, we are 2 pax. . Our preferred requirements are a big suite with a large balcony. (We are quite private people and prefer to sunbath alone).

So looking at the options there seem to be no very large suites available with YC for the period we want in either Europe or Caribbean There are suites but they look quite small especially the the balconies.

But if we go Aurea to the Carib there is "Suite seaside" with is a large 2 bed and 21 sq. mtr balcony.I guess my question is, is there such a vast difference in the YC to Aurea? We wouldn't use the butler or concierge. So that leaves us with being able to raid the minibar, lunch and dinner in the restaurant, and private deck, (which I think Aurea has as well)

Edit:

Funny on looking at the description of the suite it says 53 mtrs with 23 mtr balcony. But when I select it the suite is forward Port which we like. Looks bigger than any other but suite size says 23 mtrs with 8 mtr balcony

I personally booked the Aurea suit, as we wouldn't use buttler or concierge either.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Yip have to agree with this. Just would not use butler or concierge so also booked Aurea.

Just wanted to clarify the YC amenities because the Butler and Concierge are just a small portion. For us, a few of the biggest YC priveledges are the private lounge, pool, restaurant and priority embarkation at all ports. We struggled with the size of the YC suites but the extra amenities make up for the smaller cabin. It's definitely a personal preference but wanted to be sure you had all the facts. Whichever you choose I am sure you will have a blast!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Just wanted to clarify the YC amenities because the Butler and Concierge are just a small portion. For us, a few of the biggest YC priveledges are the private lounge, pool, restaurant and priority embarkation at all ports. We struggled with the size of the YC suites but the extra amenities make up for the smaller cabin. It's definitely a personal preference but wanted to be sure you had all the facts. Whichever you choose I am sure you will have a blast!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I agree. Also, you never know when you will need to use the butler and/or the concierge. We have been in the Divina YC three times and never expected to need the butler or concierge. We found however, that the butler facilitated a variety of things, including getting on and off the ship in an expedited fashion, being available for after hours shopping, making sure the cabin amenities were perfect, and acting as a personal waiter when we saw him in the One Lounge or at the One Bar. The concierge was invaluable when we discovered a leak in the bathroom. The crew member arrived less than 5 minutes after our call to the concierge and the repair was made in less than 10 minutes. The concierge also made sure the YC restaurant was ready to seat us before we started walking there. All in all, the YC services are amazing.